Batu Sapi by-election, 2010
The Batu Sapi by-election in the Malaysian state of Sabah was held on 4 November 2010. The nomination of candidates was done on 26 October 2010. The Batu Sapi parliamentary seat fell vacant when its Member of Parliament Datuk Edmund Chong Ket Wah of Parti Bersatu Sabah, was killed after his 750cc motorcycle accident in Sabah on 9 October 2010. Previously PBS won the seat during the 2008 General Election by a 3,708-vote majority over Independent candidate Chung Kwong Wing. A total 25,720 registered voters eligible to vote in this by-election. The electorate is made of 50.61% Bumiputera, 40.22% Chinese and 3% others.
|Pakatan Rakyat – PKR||Ansari Abdullah||3414||22%|
|Barisan Nasional – PBS||Linda Tsen Thau Lin||9773||64%|
|Independent - SAPP||Yong Teck Lee||2031||13%|
- http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/10/16/nation/7236479&sec=nation[permanent dead link] Batu Sapi polls on Nov 4, too
- http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/10/16/nation/7237178&sec=nation[permanent dead link] DAP: Same polling date not to our advantage
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-01-02. Retrieved 2010-10-19. Batu Sapi by-election same day as Galas'
- http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v5/newspolitic.php?id=535541 SAPP likely to put candidate for Batu Sapi by-election
- http://www.mysinchew.com/node/46538 Simultaneous by-elections for Batu Sapi, Galas