Belmar School District
|Belmar School District|
|1101 Main Street
Belmar, NJ 07719
|Grades||Pre-K to 8|
|Business administrator||Loretta Hill|
|Students and staff|
|Enrollment||597 (as of 2014-15)|
|District Factor Group||DE|
The district also serves students from Lake Como who attend as part of a sending/receiving relationship. The school was constructed in 1909 and has had additions built in 1929, 1949, 1969 and 1993. There are 61 certified staff members, including the district's administrators, teachers, nurses and child study team personnel, with an additional 12 paraprofessionals. The single school is two schools in one, a primary school for grades preschool through fifth and a middle school organization plan for grades six through eight.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "DE", the fifth-highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
Students in ninth through twelfth grade are assigned based on sending/receiving relationships to either Manasquan High School or Asbury Park High School. Manasquan High School also serves students from Avon-by-the-Sea, Brielle, Lake Como, Sea Girt, Spring Lake, Spring Lake Heights who attended Manasquan High School as part of sending/receiving relationships with their respective districts. As of the 2014-15 school year, the high school had an enrollment of 1,012 students and 67.8 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 14.9:1.
Students may also attend Red Bank Regional High School, Marine Academy of Science and Technology, Academy of Allied Health & Science, High Technology High School, Communications High School or Biotechnology High School. Another option is Academy Charter High School, located in Lake Como, which serves residents of Allenhurst, Asbury Park, Avon-by-the-Sea, Belmar, Bradley Beach, Deal, Interlaken and Lake Como, and accepts students on a lottery basis.
Belmar Elementary School consists of a single school that served an enrollment of 533 students as of the 2014-15 school year.
- Lisa J. Gleason, Principal / Director of Curriculum
- District information for Belmar Elementary School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 7, 2016.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- Belmar Elementary School 2013 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed October 30, 2016. "The school also provides for the educational needs of students from the neighboring community of Lake Como, a small interior municipality which has a total area of 0.3 square miles."
- About Our School, Belmar Elementary School. Accessed May 11, 2017.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed February 24, 2015.
- Cheslow, Jerry. "LIVING IN/Belmar, N.J.; Pushing Back on a Rowdy Reputation", The New York Times, June 20, 2004. Accessed October 23, 2007. "From Belmar Elementary, students are slotted to go to either Manasquan High School or Asbury Park High School, according to a 56-44 percent formula worked out with the New Jersey Department of Education in the late 1940's."
- Manasquan Public Schools 2015 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed May 29, 2016. "Manasquan High School receives students from seven sending districts; Avon, Belmar, Lake Como, Spring Lake, Spring Lake Heights, Sea Girt, Brielle, as well as our Manasquan Elementary School students."
- Sending Districts, Manasquan Public Schools. Accessed May 29, 2016. "Manasquan High School receives students from seven different districts; Avon, Brielle, Belmar, Lake Como, Sea Girt, Spring Lake, and Spring Lake Heights. Including our Manasquan students, the high school population is just under one thousand students."
- School data for Manasquan High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- Academy Charter High School 2013 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed October 30, 2016. "Academy Charter High School allocates seats in each grade level based upon the resident student population of each of the following towns: Allenhurst, Asbury Park, Avon, Belmar, Bradley Beach, Deal, Interlaken and Lake Como."
- School Data for the Belmar Elementary School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 7, 2016.
- Principal, Belmar Elementary School. Accessed May 11, 2017.
- New Jersey School Directory for Monmouth County, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 29, 2016.
- Administration, Belmar Elementary School. Accessed May 11, 2017.
- Business Administrator - Board Secretary, Belmar Elementary School. Accessed May 11, 2017.
- Belmar Elementary School
- School Data for the Belmar Elementary School, National Center for Education Statistics
- Belmar Elementary School's 2015–16 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Belmar Elementary School Weather Station