Berlin Brandenburg Airport railway station
View of the platform tracks 2-3
|Location||Melli-Besse-Ring, 12259 Schönefeld
|Platforms||6 (2 S-Bahn, 4 Regional/long distance)|
|DS100 code||BFBI / BFBB|
Berlin Brandenburg Airport (German: Bahnhof Flughafen Berlin Brandenburg) is a future railway station located under the terminal of Berlin Brandenburg Airport, Germany. The train services will be operated by Deutsche Bahn.
The station is located in a 3.1 km long tunnel, on a branch of the Berlin Ringbahn, in the municipal territory of Schönefeld, just outside Berlin. It will replace Schönefeld as the airport station after the merging of Berlin Schönefeld Airport into the new airport.
Due to delays in the construction of the airport it is not yet known when the airport will open, in 2014 this was announced as possibly in 2016. In 2016 a new estimate for the opening of the airport and station was made for 2018 or 2019, at the latest.
The station will be served by Berlin S-Bahn, Regional-Express, InterCity and Intercity-Express services. The station lies directly under the airport terminal and has six platforms. Two of these are terminating platforms for the S-Bahn lines S45 and S9.
Construction of the station began in 2007 and the construction of the tunnels was completed on 25 June 2009. The station was handed over to Deutsche Bahn on 30 March 2010 and has been electrified since 7 June 2011.
The public clients agreed to pay a fixed price of 285 million euros, although the actual construction cost was well below that number.
The Airport will be connected with Berlin Hauptbahnhof (Berlin main station) by the RE 9 Airport Express, with a journey time of 29 minutes.
While the airport is not in operation, empty trains are running through the tunnels to drive out humidity.
- Regional services Dessau – Bad Belzig – Michendorf – Berlin – Berlin Brandenburg Airport – Wünsdorf-Waldstadt
- Regional services Berlin - Berlin Brandeburg Airport
- Local services Nauen – Falkensee – Berlin – Berlin Brandenburg Airport – Königs Wusterhausen – Senftenberg
- Local services Potsdam – Golm – Saarmund – Berlin Brandenburg Airport
- S-Bahn services S45 Berlin Brandenburg Airport - Schönweide - Neukölln - Südkreuz
- S-Bahn services S9 Berlin Brandenburg Airport - Schönweide – Ostbahnhof – Alexanderplatz – Hauptbahnhof – Westkreuz – Spandau
A limited number of long distance and international services will also call at the station:
- Intercity Express services Hanover - Berlin - Berlin Brandenburg Airport
- Intercity services Amsterdam - Amersfoort - Hengelo - Osnabrück - Hanover - Berlin - Berlin Brandenburg Airport
- Intercity services Münster - Osnabrück - Hanover - Berlin - Berlin Brandenburg Airport
|Preceding station||Deutsche Bahn||Following station|
toward Amsterdam Centraal
|Intercity (DB) 140||Terminus|
toward Dessau Hbf
toward Berlin Hbf
toward Potsdam Hbf
|Preceding station||Berlin S-Bahn||Following station|
- "Stationspreisliste 2018" [Station price list 2018] (PDF) (in German). DB Station&Service. 5 October 2017. Retrieved 14 December 2017.
- "BER öffnet vielleicht erst 2016" [BER opens maybe in 2016]. Berliner Zeitung (in German). 24 February 2014. Retrieved 2012-08-06.
- "Mehdorn plant den Abflug Spätestens 2019 soll der BER eröffnen" [Mehdorn seeks movers for shift to BER 2019 at latest]. Die Tageszeitung. 17 August 2014. Retrieved 19 August 2014.
- Berlin Brandenburg Airport station on "S-Bahn Berlin GMBH" website Archived October 14, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- (in German) Infos on the Berliner Parliament website[permanent dead link]
- (in German) Infos at the Bundestag website
- (in German) Berlin Brandenburg Airport: structure and transport services
Media related to Berlin Brandenburg Airport railway station at Wikimedia Commons