|Elevation||928 ft (283 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||431159|
A post office was established at Blaine in 1882, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1914. Blaine was officially platted in 1883. The community was named in honor of James G. Blaine, who ran in the United States presidential election, 1884.
Blaine is located at.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Blaine, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-10.
- "Jay County". Jim Forte Postal History. Archived from the original on 23 October 2014. Retrieved 23 October 2014.
- Jay, Milton T. (1922). History of Jay County, Indiana: Including Its World War Record and Incorporating the Montgomery History, Volume 1. Historical Publishing Company. p. 253.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 68. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...and named for James G. Blaine, presidential candidate...
|This Jay County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|