Penn Township, Jay County, Indiana
The Rebecca Rankin Round Barn, a township landmark
Location in Jay County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||30.21 sq mi (78.2 km2)|
|• Land||30.19 sq mi (78.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.05 km2) 0.07%|
|Elevation||892 ft (272 m)|
|• Density||41/sq mi (16/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453712|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 30.21 square miles (78.2 km2), of which 30.19 square miles (78.2 km2) (or 99.93%) is land and 0.02 square miles (0.052 km2) (or 0.07%) is water. The streams of Brooks Creek and Haines Creek run through this township.
Cities and towns
- Nottingham Township, Wells County (north)
- Jackson Township (east)
- Greene Township (southeast)
- Knox Township (south)
- Harrison Township, Blackford County (west)
The township contains three cemeteries: Hillside, Maple Lawn and West Grove.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Jay, Milton T. (1922). History of Jay County, Indiana: Including Its World War Record and Incorporating the Montgomery History, Volume 1. Historical Publishing Company. p. 96.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.