Jefferson Township, Jay County, Indiana
Location in Jay County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.16 sq mi (91.1 km2)|
|• Land||35.13 sq mi (91.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.03 sq mi (0.08 km2) 0.09%|
|Elevation||991 ft (302 m)|
|• Density||21.9/sq mi (8.5/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453488|
Jefferson Township was organized in 1837.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.16 square miles (91.1 km2), of which 35.13 square miles (91.0 km2) (or 99.91%) is land and 0.03 square miles (0.078 km2) (or 0.09%) is water. The streams of Bost Run, Como Run, Jeff Run, Jutte Run, New Mount Run and Vale Run run through this township.
- Greene Township (north)
- Wayne Township (northeast)
- Pike Township (east)
- Ward Township, Randolph County (southeast)
- Franklin Township, Randolph County (south)
- Green Township, Randolph County (southwest)
- Richland Township (west)
- Knox Township (northwest)
The township contains seven cemeteries: Bost, Flesher, New Mount Pleasant, Powers, Stephens, Stratton and Wentz.
Airports and landing strips
- Windy P Ridge Airport
- "Jefferson Township, Jay County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Jay, Milton T. (1922). History of Jay County, Indiana: Including Its World War Record and Incorporating the Montgomery History, Volume 1. Historical Publishing Company. p. 106.