This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Shoot 'em up
Beat 'em up
Brawl Stars is a freemium multiplayer mobile arena fighter/party brawler/shoot 'em up video game developed and published by Supercell. On June 14, 2017, Supercell announced the game via a livestream video on YouTube. It received an iOS soft launch in the Canadian App Store the following day, June 15, 2017. The game was made available in Canada, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Ireland, Singapore, Hong Kong, Macao and Malaysia App Stores on January 19, 2018. On June 26, 2018, Android received access to the game as a continuation of the soft launch. On November 14, 2018, Supercell announced its global launch on a YouTube stream. The game was released globally on December 12th, 2018, and made more than $63 million in its first month.
In Brawl Stars, players known as brawlers are ranked by their level and total trophies. Players collect brawlers and select one to use each game. Brawlers come in six rarity types: League Rewards, Rare, Super Rare, Epic, Mythic and Legendary. There are currently 24 brawlers in the game, including eight League Reward Brawlers, three Rare Brawlers, four Super Rare Brawlers, three Epic Brawlers, three Mythic Brawlers and three Legendary Brawlers. Players get brawlers from Brawl Boxes, (with the exception of League Reward Brawlers, which are acquired via gaining trophies), which can be acquired from tokens or gems. Big Boxes can be acquired using gems or 10 Star tokens (earned by winning the first match in a map). Players can join clubs to play alongside other players. Brawl Stars provides seven non-ticketed events (Bounty, Brawl Ball, Gem Grab, Heist, Solo Showdown, Duo Showdown, Siege) and three ticketed events (Robo Rumble, Boss Fight, Big Game), totaling to 10 unique game modes. With the recent addition of event modifiers, which introduce special mechanics to each of the non-ticketed events, players will find over 20 distinct ways to play the game.
In 2019 Red Bull hosted a Brawl Stars tournament that required each team to have a YouTube content creator. The finals were held on February 2, 2019.
|Brawler Name||Rarity||Type||Attack||Super||Star Power|
|Shelly||Starting Brawler||Fighter||Buckshot||Super Shell||Shell Shock|
|Nita||Trophy Road Rewards||Fighter||Rupture||Overbearing||Bear With Me|
|Colt||Sharpshooter||Six-Shooters||Bullet Storm||Slick Boots|
|Brock||Sharpshooter||Rockin' Rocket||Rocket Rain||Incendiary|
|Dynamike||Thrower||Short Fuse||Big Barrel O' Boom||Dyna-Jump|
|Bo||Fighter||Eagle-eyes||Catch A Fox||Circling Eagle|
|El Primo||Rare||Heavyweight||Fists Of Fury||Flying Elbow Drop||El Fuego|
|Barley||Thrower||Undiluted||Last Call||Medical Use|
|Poco||Healer||Power Chords||Encore||Da Capo!|
|Rico||Super Rare||Sharpshooter||Bouncy Bullets||Trick Shot||Super Bouncy|
|Darryl||Heavyweight||Double Deuce||Barrel Roll||Steel Hoops|
|Penny||Sharpshooter||Plunderbuss||Old Lobber||Last Blast|
|Pam||Healer||Scrapstorm||Mama's Kiss||Mama's Hug|
|Frank||Heavyweight||Hammer Hit||Stunning Blow||Power Grab|
|Mortis||Mythic||Dashing Assassin||Shovel Swing||Life Blood||Creepy Harvest|
|Tara||Skirmisher||Triple Tarot||Gravity||Black Portal|
|Gene||Support||Smoke Blast||Magic Hand||Magic Puffs|
|Spike||Legendary||Sharpshooter||Needle Grenade||Stick Around!||Fertilize|
|Crow||Toxic Assassin||Switchblade||Swoop||Extra Toxic|
|Leon||Stealthy Assassin||Spinner Blades||Smoke Bomb||Smoke Trails|
- Moyen, Motek (June 24, 2017). "Supercell's 'Brawl Stars' Might Be Tencent's Next Billion-Dollar-Generating Game". Seeking Alpha.
- Telfer, Adam (July 6, 2017). "Brawl Stars vs Clash Royale : Designing a Strong Gacha". Mobile Free to Play.
- Thompson, Frank (June 26, 2018). "Supercell's Brawl Stars Soft Launches on Android". Android Sloth.
- James, Chris (December 18, 2018). "How is Brawl Stars performing on the download and grossing charts for Supercell?". Pocket Gamer.
- Gilroy, Joab (November 17, 2018). "Competitive Analysis: Brawl Stars". Red Bull. Retrieved January 10, 2019.
- Thier, Dave (June 14, 2017). "'Clash Royale' Developer's Next Game Is Called 'Brawl Stars'". Forbes. Retrieved June 18, 2017.
- "Brawl Stars: We need to talk..." YouTube. November 14, 2018.
- "Brawl Stars: GLOBAL LAUNCH!". YouTube. Supercell. November 14, 2018.
- Vincent, Brittany (January 16, 2019). "Supercell's 'Brawl Stars' Clears Over $63 Million in One Month". Variety. Retrieved January 17, 2019.
- Torres, Ida (17 June 2017). "Brawl Stars is an upcoming game from the makers of Clash Royale". androidcommunity.com. Android Community. Retrieved 18 June 2017.
- "The September Update! : Brawl Stars Reddit". reddit.com.
- "Brawl Stars Red Bull M.E.O. by ESL Playoffs". ESL. Retrieved February 10, 2019.
- Fogel, Stefanie (March 14, 2019). "'God of War,' 'Red Dead 2' Lead BAFTA Game Awards Nominations". Variety. Retrieved March 15, 2019.