Brett Swain (gridiron football)
|Born:||June 21, 1985|
Asheville, North Carolina
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||200 lb (91 kg)|
|High school:||Carlsbad (CA)|
|College:||San Diego State|
|NFL Draft:||2008 / Round: 7 / Pick: 217|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Brett Andrew Swain (born June 21, 1985) is an American football wide receiver. He was drafted by the Green Bay Packers in the seventh round of the 2008 NFL Draft. He won Super Bowl XLV with the Packers, beating the Pittsburgh Steelers. He played college football at San Diego State. He last played for the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the Canadian Football League.
Swain played four seasons at San Diego State. As a senior in 2007, he led his team by recording 58 receptions for 973 yards and 5 touchdowns. In 2006, he started a season for the first time and recorded 47 catches for 528 yards and scored twice. He also had 7 carries for 35 yards, though did not record a touchdown. He was an All-Mountain West Conference wide receiver his senior year.
Green Bay Packers
Swain was drafted by the Packers in the seventh round of the 2008 NFL Draft. On July 23 it was announced that the Packers signed him to a contract. He was later cut then signed to the team's practice squad. He was re-signed to a future contract following the end of the season. He played in Super Bowl XLV in the Packers 31-25 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers.
On August 28, 2011, Swain was waived by Green Bay.
San Francisco 49ers
He signed with the San Francisco 49ers on October 11, 2011. He appeared in the playoff game when they defeated the New Orleans Saints. Swain was released on August 31, 2012 and did not play in the NFL for the 2012-2013 season.
- Rob Demovsky (July 23, 2008). "Packers sign Giacomini, Swain, Flynn". greenbaypressgazette.com. Retrieved July 24, 2008.[dead link]
- "Super Bowl XLV - Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Green Bay Packers - February 6th, 2011". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved December 15, 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on October 29, 2009. Retrieved October 28, 2009.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- SEAHAWKS SIGN WR BRETT SWAIN
- Farnsworth, Clare (August 26, 2013). "Monday in Hawkville: Enough with the penalties, says Pete Carroll". Seahawks.com. Archived from the original on December 24, 2013. Retrieved September 1, 2013.