AirAsia-Bukit Bintang Monorail station
The exterior of the Bukit Bintang station, as seen towards the southeast.
|Location||Jalan Sultan Ismail, Jalan Bukit Bintang intersection, Bukit Bintang, southern end of the Kuala Lumpur Golden Triangle, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.|
|Line(s)||KL Monorail (2003 to present)|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Opened||August 31, 2003|
Bukit Bintang (or AIRASIA-Bukit Bintang for sponsorship reasons)  is an elevated monorail train station located in Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur. Part of the KL Monorail line, it opened alongside the rest of the train service on August 31, 2003.
Station Naming Rights Programme
Formerly known as the Bukit Bintang station since its opening on 2003, the station was renamed to AIRASIA-Bukit Bintang on 9 October 2015 after Malaysian low-cost airline AirAsia was given naming rights under the rail operator Prasarana Malaysia's Station Naming Rights Programme.
|L2||Station Platform Level & Staircase Linkway||
|Platform 1 KL Monorail towards MR11 Titiwangsa (→)|
|Platform 2 KL Monorail towards MR1 KL Sentral (←)|
|L1||Station Concourse||Faregates, Ticketing Machines, Monorail Station Control, Concourse Staircase Linkway, Unpaid Area Escalator to/from Street Level|
|Linkway||Pedestrian Linkway to Shopping Mall|
|G||Street Level||Jalan Sultan Ismail, Shops, Taxi Lay-by, Pedestrian Crossing|
The bus stops located at street level and routes list as below;
- U21 : MR6 Bukit Bintang - AU3 Jentayu via KJ10 KLCC - MR6 Bukit Bintang
- U24 : MR6 Bukit Bintang - Section 2 Wangsa Maju - MR6 Bukit Bintang
- U27 : MR6 Bukit Bintang - Sri Nilam Apartment via Jalan Cheras - MR6 Bukit Bintang
- U31 : MR6 Bukit Bintang - Pandan Indah - MR6 Bukit Bintang
- U32 : MR6 Bukit Bintang - Taman Dagang via Kampung Pandan - MR6 Bukit Bintang
- U44 : MR6 Bukit Bintang - Bandar Sri Permaisuri via Cheras Flat - MR6 Bukit Bintang
- U45 : MR6 Bukit Bintang - Bandar Tun Razak / Taman Midah - MR6 Bukit Bintang
- U46 : MR6 Bukit Bintang - Taman Desa Baiduri - MR6 Bukit Bintang
- U47 : MR6 Bukit Bintang - Taman Segar / Taman Desa Aman - MR6 Bukit Bintang
- U48 : MR6 Bukit Bintang - Desa Petaling - MR6 Bukit Bintang
- U410 : MR6 Bukit Bintang - Taman Megah Cheras via Batu9 Cheras - MR6 Bukit Bintang
The station is situated at Bukit Bintang (translated from Malay to English as "Starhill"), a shopping hub in the Kuala Lumpur Golden Triangle commercial district. Erected over Jalan Sultan Ismail, the station is located directly south from the Jalan Sultan Ismail - Jalan Bukit Bintang intersection.
The station has three exits: The northwest exit leads to the west side of Jalan Sultan Ismail, while the southwest and southeast exists directly lead into the BB Plaza and Lot 10 shopping centres, respectively, via pedestrian bridges. Similar to the nearby Imbi station, the Bukit Bintang station is also directly within walking distance from various other shopping centres (including the Starhill Gallery, Low Yat Plaza, Pavilion, Farrenheit 88, Lot10, Imbi Plaza and Sungei Wang Plaza).
Due to its proximity to Bukit Bintang, the monorail station receives a high volume of passengers during peak hours and non-working days. The station is also the only Kuala Lumpur Monorail to include an overhead link bridge that directly connects its two train platforms. The station's length is also longer in comparison with certain KL Monorail stations.
Position within the Kuala Lumpur Monorail system
The Bukit Bintang station is the first station (alongside three other stations) towards the Titiwangsa station to be lined along Jalan Sultan Ismail. The line towards the Kuala Lumpur Sentral station thereafter turns west towards Jalan Imbi at the Jalan Sultan Ismail - Jalan Imbi intersection.
The station is one of four Kuala Lumpur Monorail stations that serves the Kuala Lumpur Golden Triangle locality, the other three being the Raja Chulan station (500 metres away), the Imbi station (also 500 metres away), and the Hang Tuah station (connected to the Ampang Line LRT).
Places of Interest
- Make a stop at AirAsia-Bukit Bintang monorail
- Boo, Su-Lyn (9 October 2015). "Bukit Bintang monorail station now called ‘AirAsia-Bukit Bintang’". Malay Mail (Petaling Jaya). Retrieved 13 October 2015.
- Meng, Yew Choong (12 October 2015). "Name train station after yourself". The Star (Petaling Jaya). Retrieved 13 October 2015.