|Headquarters||Carpinteria, California, USA|
|Carl Karcher (deceased)
Andrew Puzder (CEO)
|Revenue||$ 1.280 billion (FY 2012)|
|$68.897 million (FY 2012)|
|$-6.261 million (FY 2012)|
|Total assets||$1.480 billion (FY 2012)|
|Total equity||$414.7 million (FY 2012|
|Owner||Roark Capital Group|
Number of employees
|20,200 (Jan 2012)|
CKE Restaurants Holdings, Inc., is the parent company of the Carl's Jr., Hardee's, Green Burrito, and Red Burrito quick-service restaurant ("QSR") brands. The company's headquarters are located in Carpinteria, California. On March 4, 2016, CKE Restaurants Holdings, Inc. announced that they would be consolidating their corporate offices in St. Louis, Missouri and Carpinteria, California and moving them to the Nashville, Tennessee area at the Franklin Park office complex. CKE’s Anaheim, Calif.-based office will remain open.
As of March 2016, CKE has a total of 3,664 franchised or company-operated restaurants in 44 states and 38 foreign countries and U.S. territories.
The company was incorporated in 1966 by Carl's Jr. founder Carl Karcher.
In September 2000, Andrew Puzder was named CEO and he continues to serve in this role today.
On February 26, 2010, THL Partners agreed to acquire CKE Restaurants Inc. However, CKE Restaurants was, instead, acquired by Columbia Lake Acquisition Holdings, Inc., an affiliate of Apollo Management VII, L.P. in July 2010, after CKE accepted a $693.9 million takeover offer from Apollo Global Management, ending the earlier takeover agreement with THL Partners.
CKE conducts an annual Stars for Heroes™ in-store fundraising campaign at both Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr. restaurants to benefit U.S. military veterans and their families. Since the program’s launch in 2011, Stars for Heroes has raised nearly $5 million to date.
As of March 2016, there are a total of 377 Carl’s Jr. and 327 Hardee’s restaurants in 38 foreign countries.
- "CKE Restaurants, Form 10-K, Annual Report, Filing Date April 11, 2012" (PDF). secdatabase.com. Retrieved March 26, 2013.
- "CKE Restaurants, Form 10-Q, Quarterly Report, Filing Date December 12, 2012". secdatabase.com. Retrieved March 26, 2013.
- "Hardee's parent moving HQ to Nashville area". The Tennessean. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- "CKE Restaurants Holdings, Inc. Opens 700th International Restaurant | CKE Restaurants Investor Center". investor.ckr.com. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- "CKE RESTAURANTS INC (Form Type: 8-K, Filing Date: 05/05/1997)". edgar.secdatabase.com. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- "CKE RESTAURANTS INC (Form Type: 8-K, Filing Date: 02/26/2010)". edgar.secdatabase.com. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- "UNITED STATES SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION".
- "Roark Capital to buy CKE Restaurants from Apollo". Reuters. 2013-11-20. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- "Carl's Jr. and Hardee's Raise $1.4 Million for U.S. Military Charities | CKE Restaurants Investor Center". investor.ckr.com. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- "Carl's Jr.®". www.carlsjr.com. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- Diners Walk Through One Door and Visit Two Restaurants (Article in the New York Times on the strategy of multi-branding restaurants)