Canon EOS M5
|Type||Mirrorless interchangeable lens camera|
|Lens mount||Canon EF-M|
|Sensor||dual-pixel CMOS sensor|
|Image sensor size||22.3 mm × 14.9 mm (APS-C)|
|Maximum resolution||24.2 MP|
|ASA/ISO range||ISO 100-25600|
|Recording medium||SDXC (UHS-I capable)|
|Focus||Dual Pixel CMOS autofocus|
|Frame rate||9 fps; 7 fps with autofocus|
|Shutter speeds||30 s to 1/4000 s|
|Viewfinder||2.36-million dot OLED EVF|
|Image processor||DIGIC 7|
|Video/movie recording||1080p (60, 30 and 24 fps)|
|Rear LCD monitor||3.2 in 1.62-million-dot LCD|
|Data Port(s)||Wi-Fi, NFC, Bluetooth|
|Dimensions||116 mm × 89 mm × 61 mm (4.6 in × 3.5 in × 2.4 in)|
|Weight||427 g (15.1 oz)|
As with all of the Canon EOS M series cameras, the M5 uses the Canon EF-M lens mount. This system is rather limited because Canon has presented few lenses, especially few fast lenses. But with an adapter, any other Canon lens can be used for it, even with autofocus.
The M5 is the first M series camera with an integrated electronic viewfinder. The screen is tiltable and can be articulated downwards, so that a vlogger can see himself or herself in the screen. The M5 has reportedly poorer video quality than comparable cameras from other manufacturers, and it goes quickly through the battery.
- Canon EF-M lens mount
- 24.2 megapixel dual-pixel, APS-C, CMOS sensor. The same sensor is used in the Canon EOS 80D.
- ISO 100 – 25600
- Dual Pixel CMOS autofocus
- 1.62M-dot articulating touchscreen
- 2.36-million dot OLED built-in electronic viewfinder (EVF). The EOS M5 is the first Canon mirrorless with a built-in electronic viewfinder.
- DIGIC 7 processor
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Canon EOS M5.|
- "Canon EOS M5 may be the company's first competitive mirrorless camera". CNET. 15 September 2016. Retrieved 15 September 2016.
- "Canon U.S.A. Introduces the Latest Members of the EOS Family the EOS M5 Digital Camera and its First EF-M High Power Zoom Lens". Canon. 15 September 2016. Retrieved 15 September 2016.
- Alvarez, Edgar (15 September 2016). "Canon's EOS M5 is a mirrorless camera with a DSLR feel". Engadget. Retrieved 15 September 2016.
- Westlake, Andy (15 September 2016). "Canon U.S.A. Introduces the Latest Members of the EOS Family the EOS M5 Digital Camera and its First EF-M High Power Zoom LensCanon EOS M5 review: hands-on first look". Amateur Photographer. Retrieved 15 September 2016.
- Hall, Phil (15 September 2016). "Hands on: Canon EOS M5 review". TechRadar. Retrieved 15 September 2016.
- Butler, Richard (15 September 2016). "Modern Mirrorless: Canon EOS M5 First Impressions Review". Digital Photography Review. Retrieved 15 September 2016.
- O'Kane, Sean (15 September 2016). "Canon finally gets serious about mirrorless with the new M5". The Verge. Retrieved 15 September 2016.
Image processor: Non-DIGIC | DIGIC | DIGIC II | DIGIC III | DIGIC 4 / 4+ | DIGIC 5 / 5+ | DIGIC 6 / 6+ | DIGIC 7 | DIGIC 8
|This camera-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|