|• Administrative body||Edmonton City Council|
|• Councillor||Bryan Anderson|
|• Total||3.31 km2 (1.28 sq mi)|
|Elevation||683 m (2,241 ft)|
|• Density||703.3/km2 (1,822/sq mi)|
|• Change (2009–12)||838.7%|
In the City of Edmonton's 2012 municipal census, Ambleside had a population of  an 838.7% change from its 2009 population of 248. With a land area of 3.31 km2 (1.28 sq mi), it had a population density of 703.3 people/km2 in 2012.2,328 living in 1,358 dwellings,
|This section does not cite any sources. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
On the north side of the community is located the shopping centre the Currents of Windermere. Several major retailers, including Walmart, London Drugs, Canadian Tire, Home Depot, Cabelas, and Staples all have locations in the Currents. Smaller businesses include Second Cup, Liquor Depot, Dollarama, and Swiss Chalet. A Cineplex Odeon theatre is at the center of the development.
Bus service to Ambleside was established in October 2007 on Route 324 by the Edmonton Transit System during peak hours only. Bus service has since been expanded, with Route 24 servicing the neighbourhood during daytime hours, and Route 324 providing service later at night and on early mornings and evenings on the weekend. Both routes run at a frequency of every thirty minutes. Both routes provide ready access to the Light Rail Transit (LRT) mainline at Century Park Station, which in turns provides ready access to downtown, and other areas of the city.
The main roadway into the neighbourhood is Windermere Boulevard. There is some residential development located just to the south of this roadway east of where it intersects Terwillegar Drive. Housing construction has increased with time, with a mix of single family homes and duplexes. There are also several townhouse and apartment style condominiums either fully built or under construction in the neighbourhood.
||Windermere||Anthony Henday Terwillegar||Anthony Henday Terwillegar|
|Windermere||Anthony Henday South|
- "City of Edmonton Wards & Standard Neighbourhoods" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 3, 2014. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Edmonton Developing and Planned Neighbourhoods, 2011" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 4, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "The Way We Grow: Municipal Development Plan Bylaw 15100" (PDF). City of Edmonton. 2010-05-26. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 2, 2015. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "City of Edmonton Plans in Effect" (PDF). City of Edmonton. November 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 17, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "City Councillors". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Neighbourhoods (data plus kml file)". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Municipal Census Results – Edmonton 2012 Census". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- "Ambleside Neighbourhood Structure Plan (Office Consolidation)" (PDF). City of Edmonton. November 2008. Retrieved 2011-01-29.
- "Windermere Area Structure Plan (Office Consolidation)" (PDF). City of Edmonton. October 2008. Retrieved 2011-01-29.
- "2009 Municipal Census Results". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.