|• Administrative body||Edmonton City Council|
|• Councillor||Don Iveson|
|• Total||0.62 km2 (0.24 sq mi)|
|Elevation||680 m (2,230 ft)|
|• Density||3,140.3/km2 (8,133/sq mi)|
|• Change (2009–12)||-9.1%|
In the City of Edmonton's 2012 municipal census, Skyrattler had a population of 1,947 living in 1,172 dwellings, a -9.1% change from its 2009 population of 2,143. With a land area of 0.62 km2 (0.24 sq mi), it had a population density of 3,140.3 people/km2 in 2012.
While a portion of the residences (7.1%) in the neighbourhood were built during the 1960s, according to the 2001 federal census, most residential development occurred after 1970 in Canada. Most residential development occurred during the 1970s and 1980s. Four out of ten (37.9%) of all residences were built during the 1970s. Just over half (52.7%) were built during the 1980s. By 1990, residential development in the neighbourhood was substantially complete.
This neighbourhood is bounded on the north by 23 Avenue, on the east by 111 Street, and on the west and south west by Blackmud Creek.
Row houses and low-rise apartments make the majority of housing in Skyrattler. According to the 2005 municipal census, just under half of all residences are rented apartments and apartment-style condominiums in low-rise buildings with fewer than five stories. Row houses account for one in four (23%) residences. One in six (16%) are single-family dwellings and one in eight (12%) are duplexes. Approximately half (53%) of all residences are owner-occupied and half (47%) are rented.
The neighbourhood population is fairly mobile. According to the 2005 municipal census, one in five residents (19.7%) had moved within the previous twelve months. Another one in four residents (26.3%). Less than half of all residents (40.4%) had lived at the same address for five years or longer.
The Taylor University College and Seminary is located in Skyrattler.
- "City of Edmonton Wards & Standard Neighbourhoods" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 3, 2014. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Edmonton Developing and Planned Neighbourhoods, 2011" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 4, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "The Way We Grow: Municipal Development Plan Bylaw 15100" (PDF). City of Edmonton. 2010-05-26. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 2, 2015. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "City of Edmonton Plans in Effect" (PDF). City of Edmonton. November 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 17, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "City Councillors". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Neighbourhoods (data plus kml file)". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Municipal Census Results – Edmonton 2012 Census". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- Neighbourhood description in the City of Edmonton Map Utility.
- "2009 Municipal Census Results". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- Duplexes include triplexes and fourplexes.