Change of Season is the fourteenth studio album from Daryl Hall & John Oates, released in 1990. The lead single "So Close" was co-written with Jon Bon Jovi and Danny Kortchmar, and hit a high of No. 11 on the Billboard Hot 100. It was the second and final album for Arista.
- Side 1
- "So Close" (Daryl Hall, George Green, with additional music by Jon Bon Jovi and Danny Kortchmar) - 4:40
- "Starting All Over Again" (Phillip Mitchell) - 4:06
- "Sometimes a Mind Changes" (Hall) - 4:09
- "Change of Season" (John Oates, Bobby Mayo) - 5:43
- "I Ain't Gonna Take It This Time" (Hall) - 3:55
- "Everywhere I Look" (Hall) - 4:24
- Side 2
- "Give It Up (Old Habits)" (Terry Britten, Graham Lyle) - 4:02
- "Don't Hold Back Your Love" (Richard Page, Gerald O'Brien, David Tyson) - 5:14
- "Halfway There" (Hall) - 5:31
- "Only Love" (Oates, Jo Cang) - 4:37
- "Heavy Rain" (David A. Stewart) - 5:26
- "So Close (Unplugged version)" - 4:54
- Production Coordination: David Barratt (Track 7), Pete Moshay (Tracks 2-6, 9, 10, 12), Shari Sutcliffe (Track 8).
- Tracks 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10 Arranged & Produced by Daryl Hall, John Oates & T-Bone Wolk. Recorded & Mixed by Larry Alexander; Assistant Engineer: Pete Moshay. Mixed by Joe Pirrera.
- Track 1 Produced by Danny Kortchmar & Jon Bon Jovi; Engineered by Ross Hogarth; Mixed by Paul Lani.
- Track 7 Produced by Ric Wake; Arranged by Ric Wake & Daryl Hall. Engineered & Mixed by Bob Cadway; Assistant Engineers: Dan Hetzel & Thomas R. Yezzi.
- Track 8 Produced by David Tyson. Engineered by Kevin Doyle, David Knight, Greg Dromin, Tom Nellen, Charley Pollard, Andrew Raffi, Craig Portelis & Bill Molina. Mixed by Kevin Doyle.
- Track 11 Produced by David A. Stewart & Daryl Hall. Engineered by Pete Moshay & Duane Seykora; Assistant Engineer: Pat McDougal. Mixed by Brian Malouf.
- Recorded at A-Pawling Studios (Pawling, NY); Cove City Sound Studios (Long Island, NY); New River Studios (Fort Lauderdale, FL); Sunset Sound Factory, Conway Recording Studios & Westlake Audio (Hollywood, CA); Studio 55 & Orca Studios (Los Angeles, CA).
- Mixed at A-Pawling Studios, Conway Recording Studios, The Hit Factory (New York City, NY), The Music Palace (West Hempstead, NY), Summa Studios (Los Angeles, CA) & Chapel Studios (Los Angeles, CA).
- Mastered by Bob Ludwig at Masterdisk (New York City, NY).
- Daryl Hall: lead vocals (1-9, 11, 12), backing vocals, acoustic piano, synthesizers, keyboards, electric and acoustic guitars, mandolin, mandola, tambourine
- John Oates: backing vocals, lead vocals (2, 4, 10), electric and acoustic guitars, bongos, clay drum
- Tom "T-Bone" Wolk: electric and acoustic guitars, bass guitar, Wurlitzer, percussion, tambourine, backing vocals
- Jimmy Rip: electric and acoustic guitars
- Bobby Mayo: backing vocals, Hammond B-3 organ, synthesizers, keyboards
- Charlie DeChant: saxophone
- Mike Braun: drums, percussion
- Jimmy Bralower: Akai MPC-60 drum programming
- Mike Klvana: additional synthesizer programming
- Pete Moshay: sequencing, programming, tambourine
- Other Credits
- Art Direction & Photography: Prudence Whittlesey
- Management: Champion Entertainment Organization, Inc.
- "So Close"
- "She's Gone (Live May 3rd, 1990)"
- "Can't Help Falling In Love"
- "So Close (Unplugged)"
- "Everywhere I Look"
- "Sometimes a Mind Changes"
- "I Can't Go For That (Ben Liebrand Remix)" - 6:22
- "Don't Hold Back Your Love" (Promotional CD)
- "Don't Hold Back Your Love (Single Version)"
- "Don't Hold Back Your Love (Album Version)"
- Starting All Over Again (Promotional CD)
- "Starting All Over Again (Radio Mix)"
- "Starting All Over Again (Unplugged Version)"