Chronicle of the Years of Fire
|Chronicle of the Years of Fire|
original film poster
|Directed by||Mohammed Lakhdar-Hamina|
|Written by||Rachid Boudjedra |
Hadj Smaine Mohamed Seghir
|Distributed by||Arab Film Distribution|
Chronicle of the Years of Fire (Arabic: وقائع سنين الجمر, translit. Waqāʾiʿu sinīna l-jamri; French: Chronique des Années de Braise; these names both mean "Chronicle of the Years of Embers") is a 1975 Algerian drama historical film directed by Mohammed Lakhdar-Hamina. It depicts the Algerian War of Independence as seen through the eyes of a peasant.
The film won the Palme d'Or prize at the 1975 Cannes Film Festival. It was also selected as the Algerian entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 48th Academy Awards, but was not accepted as a nominee.
- Yorgo Voyagis - Ahmed
- Mohammed Lakhdar-Hamina - Le conteur fou
- Hadj Smaine Mohamed Seghir - Sage du village
- Leila Shenna - La femme
- Cheikh Nourredine - L'ami
- François Maistre - Le contremaître de la carrière
- List of submissions to the 48th Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Algerian submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- The Battle of Algiers, 1966 classic docudrama on Algerian War
- Lost Command, a commercial film on the Algerian War of Independence and Indochine War
- Lion of the Desert, a similar movie about Omar Mukhtar's Libyan resistance against Italian occupation.
- "Festival de Cannes: Chronicle of the Years of Fire". festival-cannes.com. Archived from the original on 2012-09-26. Retrieved 2009-04-27.
- Margaret Herrick Library, Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
|This article related to Algerian film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a war drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|