Coca-Cola Bottling Company of Northern New England
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (January 2014)|
The Coca-Cola Bottling Company of Northern New England is a bottler of Coca-Cola, Dr Pepper, and Canada Dry soft drinks in the New England region as well as a small portion of upstate New York. It is the largest independent bottler of Coca-Cola in the United States. The Coca-Cola Company does not own an interest, as the company is 100% owned by Japan's Kirin Brewery Company, Ltd., who also own the rights to the Moxie soft drink nationwide. The company is referred to as 'CCNNE' for brevity.
CCNNE was founded in Laconia, New Hampshire in 1977. Today it operates 16 distribution centers in all six New England states, as well as upstate New York. CCNNE also bottles for Cadbury-Schweppes, Rocstar Campbells and Cornucopia. It has been a subsidiary of Kirin since 1988.
The first bottling agreement between Coca Cola and an independent bottler was in 1899 between the company and two young attorneys from Chattanooga. After being joined by a John T. Lupton, they divided their bottling rights among territories in the States. As a result, efficiency and bottle quality improved. By 1909, Coca Cola had almost 400 bottling operations, however; most of them were family-owned bottling plants.
CCNNE bottles and/or distributes products from The Coca-Cola Company, Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Nestlé, and Campbell's. There are over 350 varieties of flavours, sizes and packages. The product categories that CCNNE use are Sparkling Soft Drinks (i.e.Coca-Cola), Still Beverages (i.e. Powerade) and Emerging Brands (i.e. Glaceau Vitamin Water).
Sparkling Soft Drinks:
- Sprite (soft drink) Lemon-Lime
- Barq's Rootbeer
- Fanta Fruit Flavored Soft Drinks
- Fresca Sparkling Citrus
- Dr Pepper Spicy Cherry
- Sunkist (soft drink) Orange
- Canada Dry Ginger Ale
- Moxie Original
- Powerade Mountain Blast, Fruit Punch, Orange
- Minute Maid Orange, Apple, Lemonade
- Full Throttle (drink) Original
- Glacéau Vitamin Water Power C, XXX, Revive
- NOS (drink)Energy Drink
Annual Report (2011)
These statistics are based upon Coca-Cola financial report of 2011. According to the 2011 annual report put out by Coca-Cola, the following data is in millions;
- Net operating revenues: $46,542
- Operating income: $10,154
- Net income attributable to share-owners of The Coca-Cola company: $8.572
- Balance Sheet Data
- Total Assets: $79,974
- Long-term Debt: $13,656
- Unit Cash Volume (In Billions)
- Operating Cash Flow (In millions)
- "CCNNE - History". Retrieved 2011-03-26.
- Nh -based Company Buys Coca-cola Bottling Distributor
- "CCNNE Company Database Profile". Retrieved 2011-03-26.