Commercial Hotel (DuBois, Pennsylvania)
Commercial Hotel, 1910
|Location||Long and Brady Aves., DuBois, Pennsylvania|
|Area||less than one acre|
|Architect||Howard, Russell C.; Et al.|
|NRHP reference #||85003507|
|Added to NRHP||November 13, 1985|
Commercial Hotel, also known as the General Pershing Hotel, was a historic hotel and theater complex located in DuBois, Pennsylvania, United States. The four story brick structure opened as a two-story hotel with 58 rooms in 1889. It was enlarged to four stories and 100 rooms with an expansion in 1901. The 700 seat Harris-DuBois Theater, later the DuBois Playhouse, opened in 1937. The building has been demolished.
- Contributing property
- Cultural landscape
- Historic preservation
- Keeper of the Register
- List of heritage registers
- Property type (National Register of Historic Places)
- United States National Register of Historic Places listings
- State Historic Preservation Office
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "National Historic Landmarks & National Register of Historic Places in Pennsylvania" (Searchable database). CRGIS: Cultural Resources Geographic Information System. Retrieved 2010-08-31.[permanent dead link] Note: This includes David L. Taylor (June 1985). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory Nomination Form: Commercial Hotel" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-08-31. See also: "Accompanying photo".
|This article about a hotel or resort in Pennsylvania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a property in Pennsylvania on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|