National Register of Historic Places listings in Venango County, Pennsylvania
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Venango County, Pennsylvania.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Venango County, Pennsylvania, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.
There are 19 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 1 National Historic Landmark. Another property was once listed but has been removed.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Allegheny Baptist Church||
|Pennsylvania Route 27 and Main Street
|2||Bridge in Cherrytree Township||
|State Route 1011 over Oil Creek, southeast of Titusville
|3||Bridge in Clinton Township||
|State Route 3005 over Scrubgrass Creek, south of Kennerdell
|317 Chestnut Street
|5||Samuel F. Dale House||
|1409 Elk Street
|6||Drake Oil Well||
|3 miles (5 km) southeast of Titusville on Pennsylvania Route 36, in Drake Well Memorial Park
|7||Emlenton Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by the Allegheny River, the borough limits, Kerr Avenue, and Hickory and Center Streets
|8||Franklin Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Miller Avenue and Otter, 8th, Buffalo, and 16th Streets
|9||Indian God Rock Petroglyphs Site (36VE26)||
|On the eastern bank of the Allegheny River above Brandon
|10||National Transit Building||
|206 Seneca Street
|11||Oil City Armory||
|Junction of East 2nd and State Streets
|12||Oil City Downtown Commercial Historic District||
|Generally along Seneca, Center, Elm, Sycamore, Duncomb, and Main Streets
|13||Oil City North Side Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by the Conrail railroad line, Manning Street, Park Road, Deer Street, and Linden, Hasson, Bishop, Carroll, and East Bissell Avenues
|14||Oil City South Side Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by the Allegheny River, Wilson Avenue, Lee's Lane, West Third, West Fifth, and Reservoir Streets
|15||Pithole Stone Arch||
|State Route 1004 over Pithole Creek
||Cornplanter and President Townships|
|On Shull Run north of the Allegheny River, northwest of Emlenton
|17||Site of Pithole City||
|10 miles (16 km) southeast of Titusville
|18||U.S. Post Office||
|270 Seneca Street
|State Route 3007 over Scrubgrass Creek, south of Kennerdell
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
||1205 Liberty Street
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Venango County, Pennsylvania.|
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on July 14, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Location derived from its GNIS feature record; the NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted"