Concert for George (film)
|Concert for George|
|Directed by||David Leland|
|Produced by||Ray Cooper
|Music by||George Harrison (composer)
Eric Clapton (musical director)
|Edited by||Claire Ferguson|
|Distributed by||Warner Home Vídeo|
Concert for George is a 2003 British documentary film directed by David Leland that covers the events of the Concert for George, a tribute concert for George Harrison held at the Royal Albert Hall in London on 29 November 2002. A benefit for Harrison's Material World Charitable Foundation, the all-star concert took place on the day of the first anniversary of his death.
Following its release on DVD in November 2003, the film won the Best Long Form Video Grammy in 2005. One disc of the double DVD set is the theatrical version of Leland's film, while the other is the complete concert. The film was re-released on Blu-ray as a special two-disc set on 22 March 2012. At Metacritic, Concert for George received a score of 82 out of 100, based on ten reviews, indicating "universal acclaim".
- Eric Clapton: Himself / Musical director (concert)
- George Harrison: Himself (archive footage) (uncredited)
- Gary Brooker: Himself
- Joe Brown: Himself
- Sam Brown: Herself
- Jim Capaldi: Himself
- Carol Cleveland: Herself / Best girl
- Ray Cooper: Himself / Producer (film)
- Andy Fairweather-Low: Himself
- Terry Gilliam: Himself / Barber / Mountie
- Tom Hanks: Himself / Mountie
- Dhani Harrison: Himself
- Olivia Harrison: Herself / Producer (film)
- Jools Holland: Himself
- Eric Idle: Himself / Barber / Mountie
- Neil Innes: Himself / Barber
- Terry Jones: Himself / Barber / Mountie
- Jeff Lynne: Himself / Concert audio producer (concert)
- Paul McCartney: Himself
- Michael Palin: Himself / Bevis
- Tom Petty: Himself
- Billy Preston: Himself
- Anoushka Shankar: Herself
- Ravi Shankar: Himself
- Ringo Starr: Himself
|Australia (ARIA)||5× Platinum||75,000^|
|Canada (Music Canada)||3× Platinum||300,000^|
|United Kingdom (BPI)||Platinum||50,000^|
|United States (RIAA)||10× Platinum||1,000,000^|
^shipments figures based on certification alone
- "Concert for George – The DVD". Warner Strategic Marketing. concertforgeorge.com. Retrieved 14 August 2015.
- "Concert For George Reviews – Metacritic". Metacritic. Retrieved 6 December 2015.
- "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2006 DVDs". Australian Recording Industry Association.
- "Canadian video certifications – Various Artists – Concert For George". Music Canada.
- "British video certifications – Various Artists – Concert For George". British Phonographic Industry. Enter Concert For George in the field Keywords. Select Title in the field Search by. Select DVD in the field By Format. Select Platinum in the field By Award. Click Search
- "American video certifications – Various – Concert For George". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Video Longform, then click SEARCH