Confederate Corners, California
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Elevation||52 ft (16 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||221451|
Confederate Corners (formerly, Springtown and Spring Town) is a populated place in the unincorporated Monterey County, California. The name is not widely known or used in the community, yet remains listed as such by the Geographic Names Information System, USGS.
Originally Springtown or Spring Town, the place was named Confederate Corners after some Southerners settled there in the late 1860s.
In the California State Legislature, Confederate Corners is in the 12th Senate District, represented by Republican Anthony Cannella, and in the 30th Assembly District, represented by Democrat Anna Caballero.
- "Confederate Corners". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Durham, David L. (1998). California's Geographic Names: A Gazetteer of Historic and Modern Names of the State. Clovis, Calif.: Word Dancer Press. p. 887. ISBN 1-884995-14-4.
- "About the Monterey County Supervisors & their Districts". Retrieved 10 July 2015.
- "Statewide Database". UC Regents. Retrieved February 11, 2015.
- "California's 20th Congressional District - Representatives & District Map". Civic Impulse, LLC. Retrieved September 24, 2014.
|This Monterey County, California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|