Cooper Point, Camden
|Neighborhood of Camden|
Former Riverside Prison (demolished) and Weeks Marine facilities seen beyond the Ben Franklin Bridge
Cooper Point (also known as Cooper Poynt) is a neighborhood in the northwestern part of Camden, New Jersey, United States. According to the 2000 U.S. Census, the neighborhood has a population of 2,880. It is north of Cooper Grant and the Central Waterfront the other neighbourhoods located near the Ben Franklin Bridge.
The yards of Weeks Marine and the site of the former Riverfront State Prison are located along the Delaware River. In May 2013, the New Jersey Economic Development Authority announced that it would seek developers for the site. In September 2013, Waterfront Renaissance Associates announced that it proposed to build the Riverfront World Trade Center, a development of 2.3-million-square-foot campus on 16 acres on the site. The project would be built in four phases, the first of which would be a promenade along the Delaware River.
- "Camden Facts: Cooper Point". Camconnect.org. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- Laday, Jason (May 29, 2013). "NJ to begin seeking redeveloper for former Camden prison". South Jersey Times. Retrieved 2014-05-28.
- Kostelni, Natalie (September 9, 2013). "Project considered for former prison site in Camden". Phlladelphia Business Journal. Retrieved 2014-05-28.
- Terruso, Julia (September 11, 2013). "Developer wants to build a World Trade Center in Camden". Philadelphia Inquirer. Retrieved 2014-06-06.
- Laday, Jason (September 9, 2013). "Camden World Trade Center in sites of firm targeting former Riverfront Prison plot". South Jersey Times. Retrieved 2014-05-28.
|This Camden County, New Jersey state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|