|Census Division||No. 21|
|• Mayor||Douglas Genaille|
|• Governing Body||Cormorant Community Council|
|• MP||Niki Ashton|
|• MLA||Frank Whitehead|
|Time zone||CST (UTC−6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC−5)|
|Postal Code||R0B 0G0|
Cormorant is an unincorporated community in the Canadian province of Manitoba on the east shore of Cormorant Lake about 80 kilometres from The Pas, Manitoba. The community is in the west central region of the province. It has been an Aboriginal and First Nations campsite dating back to the 1900s. The post office in the community was established in July, 1928.
As of 2001 the community had a population of 400 in 139 households. Community services include local water supply, waste disposal, Cormorant School, first hall, and Cormorant Lodge.
It is governed by a mayor and council.
Fishing, trapping and logging are the primary industries.
|Canada census – Cormorant, Manitoba community profile|
|Population:||346 (3.6% from 2006)|
|Land area:||13.79 km2 (5.32 sq mi)|
|Population density:||25.1/km2 (65/sq mi)|
|Median age:||26.8 (M: 23.8, F: 27.9)|
|Total private dwellings:||111|
|Median household income:|
|References: 2011 earlier|
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2006 and 2001 censuses - 100% data". Statistics Canada, 2006 Census of Population. 2008-11-05. Retrieved 2009-01-30.
- http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/databases/post-offices/001001-100.01-e.php Library and Archivers of Canada - Postmaster database
- "Corrections and updates: Population and dwelling count amendments, 2011 Census". Statistics Canada. February 14, 2013. Retrieved February 16, 2013.
- "2011 Community Profiles". Canada 2011 Census. Statistics Canada. July 5, 2013. Retrieved 2012-07-14.
- "2001 Community Profiles". Canada 2001 Census. Statistics Canada. February 17, 2012.