Cunningham Township, Champaign County, Illinois
Location in Champaign County
Champaign County's location in Illinois
|• Total||11.69 sq mi (30.3 km2)|
|• Land||11.65 sq mi (30.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.34%|
|Elevation||728 ft (222 m)|
|• Density||3,539.6/sq mi (1,366.6/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0428864|
Cunningham Township is a township in Champaign County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 41,250 and it contained 19,090 housing units. Cunningham Township is coterminous with the City of Urbana. It is one of two coterminous townships in Champaign County and one of seventeen coterminous townships statewide.
Cunningham Township formed from Champaign Township in late 1928.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 11.69 square miles (30.3 km2), of which 11.65 square miles (30.2 km2) (or 99.66%) is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) (or 0.34%) is water.
Cities and towns
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains three cemeteries: East Lawn, Eastlawn Addition and Harvey.
Airports and landing strips
- Carle Hospital Heliport
- County Emergency Services-Disaster Agency Heliport
- Frasca Field
- Illini Airport
- "Cunningham Township, Champaign County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- Sohl, Shannon N.; Bannovetz, James M. (May 2014). "Too Many Governments in Illinois? What is the Impact on Townships?" (PDF). Policy Profiles. Northern Illinois University. 13 (1): 1–15. Retrieved December 12, 2016.