|Founded||31 August 1989|
|Lars-Åke Norling (CEO)|
|Revenue||87,753 million baht (2015)|
|5,893 million baht (2015)|
|Total assets||110,965 million baht (2015)|
Total Access Communication Public Company Limited, commonly known as DTAC, is the third-largest GSM mobile phone provider in Thailand after AIS and True. DTAC is owned by Telenor both directly and indirectly, and both companies share the same logo. As of 31 December 2011[update], DTAC had 23.2 million subscribers with the market share of subscribers at around 30 percent.
As of 11 April 2012, DTAC's parent company became BCTN Holding.
DTAC has won the "Best Mobile Operator of Thailand" award for three consecutive years (2005–2007) from Asian MobileNews Awards 2007, organized by Asian MobileNews Magazine.
Services and coverage
DTAC claims to have the second-widest coverage nationwide, compared to its main rival AIS, with more than 13,000 base stations installed as of 2016 on the 850 MHz, 1800 MHz and 2100 MHz bands.
As of 2013 DTAC is offering both EDGE and 3G services on its postpaid and prepaid brands DTAC Happy. Unlimited Internet access stands at a price of 999 baht per month or 49 baht per day (numerous cheaper hourly packages are available, and, in 2010, traffic-based packages were also introduced, obviously due to the increasing popularity of smartphones). DTAC has international roaming agreements with 147 countries.
Currently DTAC is offering 3G commercial service as seen on this coverage map. 3G+ service can be used with 3G+ compatible mobile devices (WCDMA 850 and 2100 and/or HSPA/HSPA+ 850 and 2100) with speeds of up to 42 Mbit/s.
4G LTE service is available as of 2014 on the 2100 MHz band, and the enhanced 4G LTE service on the 1800 MHz and 2100 MHz bands (Not Carrier Aggregation) has been available in the major areas of Bangkok since October 2015 and had extended their coverage level to the major areas of the country since March 2016, and claims to have their 4G LTE coverage nationwide within the end of 2016. DTAC claims to have their 4G LTE network 3 times faster than before.
DTAC includes the following subsidiaries :
- DTAC TriNet, operates on 2100 MHz 3G and 4G.
- DTAC Phone
- "DTAC in plans to launch "People's IPO"". New Europe. Archived from the original on 2008-03-10. Retrieved 2007-11-18.
- "Verso and Comnet Provide Thailand's Second Largest Mobile Phone Operator with NetPerformer Solution; Verso's Bandwidth Optimization Solution to Connect Call Centers throughout Thailand". Findarticles.com. 18 October 2005. Retrieved 2007-11-18.
- DTAC (2010). Annual Report 2009 (PDF). Retrieved 23 Jun 2010.
- Annual Report 2015. DTAC. 2016. Retrieved 28 November 2016.
- "ดีแทคปรับโครงสร้างผู้ถือหุ้นใหญ่ เบญจรงคกุลถือหุ้นเพิ่มเพื่อลดความเป็นบริษัทต่างชาติ - Blognone". www.blognone.com.
- "dtac Network coverage". www.dtac.co.th.
- "DTAC 3G/4G Coverage map". DTAC Website. Retrieved 14 Mar 2016.
- "dtac to launch the fastest 4G on widest bandwidth soon". DTAC Website. Retrieved 14 Mar 2016.
- "dtac invests 70 billion Baht to introduce Super 4G and to launch never-seen-before offerings for customers". DTAC Website. Retrieved 14 Mar 2016.