Advanced Info Service
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||SET: ADVANC|
|Founded||April 24, 1986|
|Headquarters||414 Intouch Tower Phaholyothin Road, Samsen Nai, Phaya Thai, Bangkok, Thailand|
|Chairman: Vithit Leenutaphong, CEO: Somchai Lertsutiwong|
|Products||Mobile network, Internet service provider, Internet TV|
|Services||Mobile telephony, Internet|
|Revenue||TH฿ 158.47 billion (2017)|
|TH฿ 30.07 billion (2017)|
|Total assets||TH฿ 284.06 billion (2017)|
Number of employees
Advanced Info Service Public Company Limited, branded and most commonly referred to as AIS, is Thailand's largest GSM mobile phone operator with 39.87 million customers as of Q3 2016.[not in citation given] Founded in April 1986, AIS started off as a computer rental business. In October 1990, it launched analog 900 MHz mobile phone services with a 20-year monopoly concession from the Telephone Organization of Thailand, and later became the first company allowed to operate on the GSM 900 frequency.[additional citation(s) needed] Followed by acquiring Shinawatra Paging in June 1992.
The highly profitable company is controlled by the Intouch plc (formerly Shin Corporation), headed by Temasek Holdings, a Singapore government owned agency. AIS is listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand on 5 November 1991 . As of 23 December 2011, InTouch plc holds 40.45% of the total shares of the company and Singapore Telecommunications (also majority held by Temasek together) together with Thai Trust Fund and OCBC Nominees holds a 23.32% stake.
In February 2014, in a conflict between the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PRDC) and Shinawatra, the PDRC called for a boycott of AIS, wrongly believing it to be owned by the Shinawatra family.
- Advanced Contact Center Company Limited (ACC) - Operate AIS Call Center 1175 and 1148
- Advanced Datanetwork Communications Company Limited (ADC) - Provide Online Data Communication service via telephone lines under the name "Datanet", licensed by TOT
- DataNetwork Solutions Company Limited (DNS) - Provide Online Data Communication service via telephone lines under the name "Datanet" in the provincial area.
- mPay payment processing and e-wallet service.
According to a 2014 article in The Nation, mPay has around 1.6 million registered users, of which roughly 1.2 million are end-users and 400,000 are mPay agents. 150,000 of mPay's end-users use the service monthly, spending on average ฿30,000. In November 2015, 4 million people in Thailand used mPay, and in August 2013, mPay had around 700 merchant partners.
Services and coverage
As of August 2018, AIS is the largest network in Thailand with 40.1 million subscribers. In addition to post pay services, AIS offers prepaid services under the 1-2Call brand.
Currently (2018) data is sold in time-based, volume-based and unlimited packages.
|2100 MHz||1||15||3G||UMTS/HSPA||(main frequency)|
AIS owns and operates more than 100,000 Wi-Fi hotspots under the name "AIS SUPER WIFI."
In 2017 AIS announced it has teamed up with Samsung Electronics to combine Wi-Fi and LTE in a gigabit-speed mobile service called AIS Next G. The new network is estimated to be 15 times faster than the existing LTE and four times faster than the tri-band LTE-A, the fastest wireless network currently available in Thailand.
AIS also provides online multiplatform entertainment, business and financial services:
- AIS Play: AIS Play Launch in February 1, 2017.This is First IPTV With 4K Clearly, VOD and More Than 100 Popular Channels. Current Channel Line Up:
As HBO Asia Network:
As FOX Network Group:
- FOX Movies
- Fox Action Movies
- Fox Family Movies
- STAR Chinese Movies
- STAR Chinese Movies Legend
- STAR Chinese Channel
- National Geographic
- Nat Geo Wild
- Nat Geo People
- FOX News Channel
- Sky News HD
- Baby TV
- Channel V International
- Fox Life
- FOX Crime
- Fox Sports Asia(Including FOX Sports, FOX Sports 2 and FOX Sports 3)
As Turner Broadcast System Asia:
Following With Viacom International Media Network:
Following With Scrappit Interactive:
- Fight Sports
- Golf PLUS
Homemade Theme channel:
- Gone Viral
- Viral Vogue
- Viral Extreme
Follow More Variety Channel:
Current logo, changed on 29 September 2011
- Advance Info Service (2010). Annual Registration Statements 2009 (PDF) (in Thai). Archived from the original (PDF) on 22 July 2011. Retrieved 23 June 2010.
- Advance Info Service (2010). Annual Report 2009 (PDF). p. 27. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 March 2012. Retrieved 23 June 2010.
- F/S & Highlights The Stock Exchange of Thailand
- Staff & Human Resource Development Investor Site - AIS
- Sirivish Toomgum (Sep 2011). "AIS to double 3G users". The Nation. Retrieved 12 Sep 2012.
- Job TopGun, Archived 13 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine. Advanced Info Service PLC. ,
- AIS corporate website, click on "About AIS", "Company profile", and then "1990"
- "ADVANC Company Profile". Stock Exchange of Thailand. Retrieved 23 June 2010.
- "Page 42 - Shareholding structure - AIS 2011 Annual Report" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 24 May 2013. Retrieved 7 April 2012.
- "Shin to sell more of AIS to Singtel". Retrieved 7 Apr 2012.
- "Thaksin helps himself". The Economist. 2006-01-26. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- "PDRC targets Shinawatra interests". Bangkok Post. 19 Feb 2014. Retrieved 6 Mar 2014.
- Thailand, Nation Multimedia Group Public Company Limited, Nationmultimedia.com,. "E-wallet key service as True Money eyes 15% growth - The Nation". Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- Thailand, Nation Multimedia Group Public Company Limited, Nationmultimedia.com,. "CIMB Thai to use mPay for its Beat Savings mobile service - The Nation". Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- "2C2P News". Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- Pornwasin, Asina (March 18, 2014). "Cashing in on a cashless society". The Nation. Retrieved September 25, 2016.
- "Mobile networks team up for e-payment". Bangkok Post. September 3, 2015. Retrieved September 25, 2016.
- "Opening the electronic wallet". Bangkok Post. August 19, 2013. Retrieved September 25, 2016.
- "DTAC Slow Plays 3g Roll Out". Bangkok Post. Retrieved 15 March 2013.
- "Notification on changing the Company logo and brand repositioning". Advance Info Service. 29 September 2011. Archived from the original on 2 November 2011. Retrieved 11 November 2011.