Dapa, Surigao del Norte
|Municipality of Dapa|
Dapa from the Philippine Sea
Map of Surigao del Norte with Dapa highlighted
|Region||Caraga (Region XIII)|
|Province||Surigao del Norte|
|Barangays||29 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Yulie Yangson Ruaya|
|• Vice Mayor||Francisco Matugas Gonzales|
|• Electorate||16,799 voters (2016)|
|• Total||91.90 km2 (35.48 sq mi)|
|• Density||260/km2 (670/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)86|
|Climate type||tropical rainforest climate|
|Income class||4th municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||79 million (2016)|
Most of the municipality is situated on Siargao Island, but Middle Bucas Grande and East Bucas Grande Islands are also within its jurisdiction. It is known as the "Growth Center of the beautiful islands of Siargao".
Dapa is politically subdivided into 29 barangays.
- Barangay 1 (Poblacion)
- Barangay 10 (Poblacion)
- Barangay 11 (Poblacion)
- Barangay 12 (Poblacion)
- Barangay 13 (Poblacion)
- Barangay 2 (Poblacion)
- Barangay 3 (Poblacion)
- Barangay 4 (Poblacion)
- Barangay 5 (Poblacion)
- Barangay 6 (Poblacion)
- Barangay 7 (Poblacion)
- Barangay 8 (Poblacion)
- Barangay 9 (Poblacion)
- Don Paulino
- San Carlos
- San Miguel
- Santa Fe
- Santa Filomena
|Population census of Dapa|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
The Siargao Sports Complex is a sports complex with a cost of PP300 million, and expected to be finished by 2017 or early 2018. Once completed, Siargao Sports Complex will host the regional games, which will mark its first hosting rights in the history of Caraga Region.
Dapa is considered as the center of education in the island. The newly established Siargao National Science High School is the home of scholar students who are gifted in the field of science and mathematics. It may as well develop a strong science culture among high schools in the island.
- Dapa National High School
- Consolacion National High School
- Union National High School
- Dagohoy National High School
- Siargao National Science High School
- San Nicolas School
- Choice FM Radio station
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Surigao del Norte". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Caraga". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Caraga". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Caraga". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Surigao del Norte". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- "Siargao Sports Complex". Mindanao Economic Boom on Facebook. Retrieved 12 Mar 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dapa, Surigao del Norte.|