Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai|
|Genre||Indian soap opera
|Created by||Cinevistaas Limited|
|Directed by||Santram Verma
|Creative director(s)||Pinky Shah
|Opening theme||Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai By Shreya Ghoshal|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||515|
|Running time||Approx. 21 minutes|
|Original network||Star Plus|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)
|Original release||3 October 2011 – 13 September 2013|
Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai (English: My Sister is One in a Thousand) is a daily Indian soap opera that aired on STAR Plus from 3 October 2011 to 13 September 2013, when it got replaced by the mythological series Mahabharat. The show was very popular amongst the viewers and its fans due to the leads. The show starred Krystle D'Souza, Karan Tacker, Nia Sharma and Kushal Tandon.
Jeevika Chaudhary (Krystle D'Souza) and Maanvi Chaudhary (Nia Sharma) are two orphan sisters living in Rishikesh with their great grandmother, grandmother, uncle, aunt and cousin brother while Viren Singh Vadhera (Karan Tacker) and Viraat Singh Vadhera (Kushal Tandon) are two brothers hailing from an elite family of lawyers in Chandigarh.
The two sisters are inseparable and Maanvi loves and respects Jeevika as though she's her mother. One day, a marriage proposal comes for Jeevika. Maanvi convinces Jeevika to switch identities with her for a while to know the brothers better but little did Maanvi know that Viraat got the same idea. While Viren and Jeevika like each other at first sight; Viraat and Maanvi dislike each other immensely.
After some time, Maanvi is under the misconception that Jeevika loves Dr. Manan (Abhinav Shukla); and thus, Maanvi tries to unite these two. Yet, Jeevika is shown to like Viren and gradually, they start falling for each other. The wedding is fixed and the preparations are started immediately. Some days before the wedding, on seeing Viren nervous, Viraat makes him drink brandy in the name of medicine and the former then climbs a ladder to go and meet Jeevika. Ultimately, this turned out to be a funny scene as the two brothers are caught by the bride's family members.
Viren and Jeevika finally get married and they leave for Chandigarh just afterwards. Maanvi is seen to be missing Jeevika terribly and in Chandigarh, Jeevika was in the same predicament. Viren once brought Maanvi to Vadhera House but Swamini Bua was dead against this and thus, Maanvi's arrival caused lots of turbulence in the family. She had to return to Rishikesh. There, Maanvi comes to know that she has blood cancer. Meanwhile, Virat begins to fall for Manvi, who soon starts in falling love with each other. Due to an incident where Jeevika falls inside a pit and loses a huge amount of blood, and she needs blood where she can only get from Manvi however it is soon revealed that Manvi has blood cancer and needs a bone marrow transplant to survive. Jeevika, Virat and Manvi go to Mumbai to get Manvi's treatment started. Meanwhile, Jeevika gets pregnant, but is left with no other choice than aborting her baby to save Manvi, as she is her only perfect bone marrow match. Following this, Virat and Manvi get married.
Just when everything seemed to be falling into places, a man named Karan who claims to be Swamini's son, comes into the Vadhera family's life. However it is later proved to Jeevika, he is getting revenge on the Vadhera family. Jeevila and Maanvi arrive at Karan's bungalow one night and luckily, they saw and heard what he is planning with his business partner, Jaiswal. Karan becomes aware of the sisters' presence and tries ti fight them. He tries to strangle Maanvi, which leads to Jeevika shooting Karan as self defence. Viraat witnesses the murder and decides to take the blame on himself while Swamini is miserable in her son's death and blames Viraat. Jeevika is under Manvi's promise not to tell anybody anything; however out of guilt, she reveals the truth to Viren. Viren tries to prove Jeevika's innocence and later during the trial, a camera is found in which Jaiswal's reflection when he is killing Karan, is seen by everyone. Jaiswal is arrested.
After a while, Vadhera family welcomes happiness once again when Maanvi becomes pregnant. Unfortunately, at that time, everyone comes to know that Jeevika can no longer become pregnant. Viraat starts his music career without knowing that Viren has helped him and this leads to a terrible fight between the brothers; Viraat leaves Vadhera House. After some time, everything is going smoothly once again.
Jeevika and Maanvi's father appears one day. Maanvi, though shocked but very happy to find that her father is alive, is vey surprised with Jeevika's and their Grandmaa's anger towards her father. She questions both and receives the news of her own father being the reason of her mother's death - she committed suicide after learning that her husband was a cheater. Nevertheless, Manvi believes that her father should be forgiven as he has realized his mistakes and should be given another chance. But, Jeevika is against this. Yet, when Jeevika knows that her father is very ill, she forgives him and soon, they reconcile.
In the last episode, Vidhi, the surrogate mother of Viren and Jeevika's child, leaves Vadhera House because she doesn't want to cause any more issues. There was the naming ceremony of the babies where Viren and Jeevika named their daughter, Maansi while Viraat and Maanvi named their daughter, Jhanvi. During the celebrations, Jeevika comes to know that she's pregnant. The whole family finally gets their happily ever after.
Casting, production and distribution
The show is produced and directed by Siddharth Malohtra of Cinevistaas Limited. Krystle D'Souza was cast to play the main lead as Jeevika Chaudhary along with Nia Sharma as Maanvi Chaudhary. Karan Tacker and Kushal Tandon both was finalised to play the main male leads. Abhinav Shukla was roped to play the 3rd main lead opposite Krystle. Other supporting cast included Seema Kapoor, Anju Mahendru, Manasvi Vyas, Anupam Bhattacharya, Divyajyotee Sharma, Gaurav Kumar, Deep Dhillon and Tarla Joshi were other supporting roles. Seema played a strict women and the main antagonist but later her character turned positive.
- Krystle D'Souza as Jeevika Viren Singh Vadhera, Manvi's elder sister, Viren's wife (2011–13)
- Nia Sharma as Manvi Virat Singh Vadhera, Jeevika's sister, Virat's wife (2011–13)
- Karan Tacker as Viren Singh Vadhera, Virat's elder brother and Jeevika's husband (2011–13)
- Kushal Tandon as Virat Singh Vadhera, Viren's brother and Manvi's husband (2011–13)
- Seema Kapoor as Swamini Vadhera, Viren and Virat's Aunt (2011–13)
- Indu Verma as Vanshika Singh Vadhera, Viren and Virat's mother (2011–13)
- Deep Dhillon as Vijay Singh Vadhera, Viren and Virat's Grandfather (2011–13)
- Anupam Bhattacharya as Inder Singh Vadhera, Viren and Virat's uncle (2011–13)
- Manasvi Vyas as Kadambari Inder Singh Vadhera, Viren and Virat's aunt (2011–13)
- Nikunj Pandey as Shlok Vadhera, Inder and Kadambari's son (2011–13)
- Anju Mahendru as Beeji, Manvi and Jeevika's grandmother (2011–13)
- Tarla Joshi as Badi Beeji, Jeevika and Manvi's grandmother (2011–13)
- Mohit Chauhan as Madan Chaudhary, Jeevika and Manvi's uncle (2011–13)
- Divyajyotee Sharma as Pinky Madan Chaudhary, Jeevika and Manvi's aunt (2011–13)
- Imran Khan as Mahesh Chaudhary, Jeevika and Manvi's father (2013)
- Gaurav Kumar as Devender Singh Chaudhary (Dabbu), Jeevika and Manvi's brother (2011–13)
- Lavina Tandon as Sweety Devender Singh Chaudhary, Dabbu's wife (2013)
- Abhinav Shukla as Dr. Manan, Chaudhary family's doctor, (2011–12)
- Sehban Azim as Karan Shekhawat, Swamini's son – (dead) (2012–13)
- Nikunj Malik as Maya, Virat's ex-lover (2012)
- Abir Goswami as Rajiv Talwar (2012)
- Apurva Agnihotri as Judge of the singing competition (2012)
- Shilpa Saklani as Judge of singing competition (2012)
- Puneet Sachdev as Vikram, Viren's friend (2013)
- Ranjeev Verma as Vikram’s Father (2013)
- Kajal Pisal as Riya Malik/Sheetal, Sambhav's wife (2013)
- Karan Suchak as Sambhav Malik, Viren's friend (2013)
- Neeraj Malviya as Harshad/Shashank, Viren's friend and Vidhi's ex-husband (2013)
- Neha Gosain as Vidhi, Harshad's ex-wife (2013)
- Simran natekar as young jeevika (2012)
- Ragini Khanna and Jay Soni as Suhana and Ishaan from Sasural Genda Phool
- Kunwar Amar (2011) from Dil Dostii Dance special performance on Bole Chudiyan
- Shakti Mohan (2011) from Dil Dostii Dance special performance on Bole Chudiyan
- Shantanu Maheshwari (2011) from Dil Dostii Dance special performance on Bole Chudiyan
- Sneha Kapoor (2011) from Dil Dostii Dance special performance on Bole Chudiyan
- Archi Pratik (2011) from Dil Dostii Dance special performance on Bole Chudiyan
- Alisha Singh (2011) from Dil Dostii Dance special performance on Bole Chudiyan
- Amar Gowda (2011) from Dil Dostii Dance special performance on Bole Chudiyan
- Vinti Idnani (2011) from Dil Dostii Dance special performance on Bole Chudiyan
- Macedon D'mello (2011) from Dil Dostii Dance special performance on Bole Chudiyan
- Samentha Fernandes (2011) from Dil Dostii Dance special performance on Bole Chudiyan
- Suzanne Bernert (2013) as Liz Love Interest of Deep Dhillons' Character
Awards and nominations
|2012||Star Parivaar Awards||Nayi Soch Kirdaar||Nia Sharma||Won|
|Favourite Behen||Krystle D'Souza|
|Favourite Pati||Karan Tacker|
|Favourite Jodi||Kushal Tandon & Nia Sharma||Nominated|
|Favourite Bhabhi||Krystle D'Souza|
|Favourite Patni||Krystle D'Souza|
|Favourite Behen||Nia Sharma|
|Favourite Sasur||Deep Dhillon|
|Indian Telly Awards||Fresh New Face(Male)||Kushal Tandon||Won|
|Zee Gold Awards||Gold Debut(Male)||Kushal Tandon||Won|
|Most Fit Actor||Karan Tacker|
|Most Fit Actress||Krystle D'Souza|
|Best Fiction Show||Prem Kishan & Sunil Mehta||Nominated|
|People's Choice Awards India||Favourite New TV Drama||Prem Kishan & Sunil Mehta|
|Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Actress-Drama(Popular)||Nia Sharma||Won|
|Best Actor-Drama(Popular)||Kushal Tandon||Nominated|
|Best Serial(Popular)||Prem Kishan & Sunil Mehta|
|Best Actress-Drama(Jury)||Krystle D'Souza|
|Best Serial-Drama(Jury)||Prem Kishan & Sunil Mehta|
|GR8 Performer of the Year||Karan Tacker|
|Best Director-Drama(Jury)||Santaram Verma|
|Best Teleplay(Jury)||Bhavini Iyer & Zama Habib||Won|
|2013||Star Parivaar Awards||Favourite Pati||Karan Tacker||Nominated|
|Favourite Bahu||Krystle D'Souza||Nominated|
|Favourite Bhabhi||Krystle D'Souza||Nominated|
|Indian Telly Awards||Best Ensemble||Cinevistaas Limited||Won|
|Best Actress in a Leading Role||Nia Sharma||Nominated|
|Best Drama Series||Cinevistaas Limited||Nominated|
|Kalakar Awards||Best Jodi||Karan Tacker & Krystle D'Souza||Won|
- "Krystle and Nia Sharma to play leads in Cinevistaas' next". Metro Masti. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "Karan Tacker and Kushal Tandon to play them ain male leads in Star Plus next". Metro Masti. Retrieved 16 September 2011.
- "Seema Kapoor (Vasu of Bidaai) to play an antagonist in Star Plus Ek Hazaaron". Metro Masti. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- Winners & Nominees of 5th Boroplus Gold Awards, 2012
- "IndianTelevisionAcademy.com". Archived from the original on 21 October 2013. Retrieved 18 March 2016.
- "The ITA Awards 2012 – Popular Top-5". Archived from the original on 29 October 2013.