Del Mar Mesa, San Diego
|Del Mar Mesa, San Diego|
|Community of San Diego|
|Del Mar Mesa|
Del Mar Mesa boundaries and surrounding communities
|Country||United States of America|
Del Mar Mesa is a semi-rural residential community of 2,042 acres (8.26 km2) located in northern San Diego, California. The majority of the community was developed in the 2000s. Over 900 acres is preserved open space protected habitat. The community also has 10 miles of hiking, biking and riding trails. Minimum lot size is half acre.
A number of artifacts, including pottery, possibly dating back 9,000 to 10,000 years ago, were found in this community and are being studied by the San Diego Archaeological Center.
Del Mar Mesa is bordered: to the north by Carmel Valley and Pacific Highlands Ranch; to the south by Los Peñasquitos Canyon; to the east by Torrey Highlands and Rancho Peñasquitos; and to the west by Torrey Hills. State Route 56 (Ted Williams Freeway) is slightly north of this community.
In the eastern part of the community, a large portion of land is conserved for open space under the City's Multiple Species Conservation Program. Eucalyptus groves in the community were planted around farmsteads in the 1800s.
According to January 2006 estimates by the San Diego Association of Governments, there were 525 people and 227 households residing in the neighborhood, which increased 1246.2% from 39 people in 2000. The estimated racial makeup was 68.7% White, 15.2% Asian & Pacific Islander, 12.0% Hispanic, 4.0% from other races, 0.8% American Indian, and 0.2% African American. The median age is 37.8 with 29.1% under the age of 18 and 9.3% over the age of 65. The estimated median household income was $139,630 ($109,375 adjusted for inflation in 1999 dollars); 18.9% of the community made more than $150,000; 47.6% made between $60,000 and $149,999; and 18.9% made less than $60,000.
- The City of San Diego: Del Mar Mesa Community Profile
- SANDAG: Del Mar Mesa 2006 demographs
- SANDAG: Del Mar Mesa 2030 forecast demographs
- Friends of Del Mar Mesa
- Boy Scout Troop 667[permanent dead link]
- "The Stone Age on Del Mar Mesa" (PDF). San Diego Archaeological Center. Retrieved 2007-03-23. External link in
- "Del Mar Mesa Community Profile". San Diego Government. Retrieved 2007-03-22. External link in
|publisher=(help) Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "sdgov" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- "Population and Housing Estimates: Del Mar Mesa Community Planning Area" (PDF). SANDAG (San Diego Association of Governments). Retrieved 2007-03-22.