Dela Rosa Transit
|Slogan||"Get There Safely With..." (1997-2002)
"Wala Nang Iba (No Other)" (2003-Present)
|Founded||October 7, 1991|
|Headquarters||Sto. Domingo, Biñan, Laguna|
|Service area||Metro Manila & Southern Luzon/Northern Luzon, Philippines|
|Service type||City & Provincial Operation|
|Routes||Pacita Complex-Novaliches via EDSA Malinta Exit, Batangas, Quezon|
|Fleet||300+ Buses (UD Nissan Diesel, Hino & King Long) (including those from N. Dela Rosa Liner)|
|Operator||Rosauro dela Rosa/Dela Rosa Transit/N. Dela Rosa Liner|
Dela Rosa Transit is one of the city bus companies in the Philippines. It plies route from Pacita Complex, San Pedro, Laguna to Novaliches, Quezon City. It also offers provincial routes operated under its sister companies, Dela Rosa Express and N. Dela Rosa Liner, plying routes from Metro Manila to Batangas City, Batangas, and Lucena City, Quezon, respectively.
The company was named after its sole founder's wife, Nora dela Rosa, who is also an owner of provincial bus company, N. Dela Rosa Liner.
Suspension of operations
On February 5, 2015, A Dela Rosa Transit bus with license plate TYM-449 rammed and crushed a silver 2015 Toyota Vios before sandwiching it against another bus on EDSA in the Muñoz district of Quezon City. The driver of the Vios was trapped for a few minutes, but was later extricated by the MMDA and rushed to the hospital. Following the accident, the Land Transportation Franchising Regulatory Board (LFTRB) ordered the preventive suspension of Dela Rosa Transit and ordered all of the company's drivers to undergo drug testing and road safety seminars within 15 days of the announcement. The bus driver involved in the accident fled the scene, but was later arrested and placed under police custody. Despite his claims that the brakes on the bus failed, he has been charged with reckless imprudence resulting in multiple injuries and damage to property. The driver has since been fired by Dela Rosa Transit.
Dela Rosa Transit maintains and utilizes UD Nissan Diesel, Golden Dragon, Guilin Daewoo, Hino, Hyundai Aero Queen, Hyundai Universe Space Luxury, and King Long units, with roughly a total number of 300 buses, including those from N. Dela Rosa Liner.
- Metro Manila
- Provincial Destinations
(*)operates as part of Dela Rosa Transit's city operation
- Sarne, Vernon B. (2015-02-05). "Car pinned by bus on EDSA is most horrific thing you'll see this week". Top Gear Philippines. Retrieved 2015-02-08.
- "Vios crushed by bus was only one day old". Philippine Daily Inquirer. 2015-02-06. Retrieved 2015-02-08.
- Francisco, Katerina (2015-02-05). "LTFRB suspends bus firm over crushed car in EDSA". Rappler. Retrieved 2015-02-08.
- "Bus crushes car on EDSA; firm suspended". ABS-CBN. 2015-02-05. Retrieved 2015-02-08.
- Ramirez, Robertzon (2015-02-06). "Bus crushes car on EDSA". The Philippine Star. Retrieved 2015-02-08.
- "Bus Firm Fires Driver in EDSA Freak Accident". ABS-CBN. 2015-02-09. Retrieved 2015-03-18.