|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Dhanwar is located at  It has an average elevation of 336 metres (1102 feet). It has a dam called "Naulakha Dam" where many people come here for celebrating the picnic. khorimahua(Rajdhanwar) subdivisional has five block.These blocks are rajdhanwar, jamua,gawan,tisri,deori..
As of 2001[update] India census, Dhanwar had a population of 7,935. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Dhanwar has an average literacy rate of 64%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; male literacy is 73% and, female literacy is 55%. In Dhanwar, 16% of the population is under 6 years of age.
The name "Dhanwar"(khorimahua) is the name of a subdivisional in Giridih and Rajdhanwar is now its current name. Rajdhanwar is a place for business at basic level. it has become a huge market place where the daily transaction are into millions, major contribution being from sale of food products, cloth, jewelry, and metals. This town is very famous for "Chath" puja in jharkhand state. Every year, around 4 lakhs people visit Dhanwar chath ghat called "Rajghat" during chath. Decoration of Rajghat occurs at huge level,which fascinates the visitors.
As per 2011 census the total number of literates in Dhanwar was 16,893 out of which 8763 were males and 8130 were females.
Jharkhand Dham - It is situated approximately 55 km from Giridih and 10 km from Rajdhanwar. "Jharkhand Dham" which is considered to be the second most worshiped temple of "Shiva", after Baidhnath Dham in Deoghar.
Hanuman Mandir- it is situated at Bada Chowk (cinema road) 3 km from Dhanwar station.
[Durga mandir] Gorthamba is a famous Temple of goddess Durga
Gandhi public school,which was the oldest school,is well known as the,"torch bearer" of all the private school's in Dhanwar. It has several alumni which is currently at several big posts like IAS,IPS. It was run by shiv Nandan Roy. Apart from this, These are the school and college in Dhanwar,now
- Adarsh College (Vinoba Bhave University, Hazaribagh)
- Saraswati Shishu Vidya Mandir
- S.S.High School
- K.D. International School [Affiliated To Cbse, New Delhi]
- Dr Bhabha Public School is one of the boarding school in dhanwar [Affiliated to CBSE, New Delhi]
- Sri Anant Gurukulam
- N R International School
- Q-max Public School [A Venture of Q-max Educational Trust, New Delhi]
- Bahadur Prasad Memorial School
- Paradise Memorial Public School
- Sri Raj Little Angels/ Little Luminary's Play school.
- Adarsh Modern Public School Parsan.
- High School Baddiha.
- Marium Public High School Gorhand
- paradise residential public school rajdhanwar
- s.s.v.n school masnodih
- project high school Arkhango
- ELITE International School Basdubia. Arkhango
- Gurukul Sikhalaya Ghorthamba
- Columbia Public School Ghorthamba
- Lakshay Convent School Ghorthamba
- Savitri Balika High school Ghorthamba
- Children paradise English School Ghorthamba
- Ideal Boarding School Ghorthamba
- D.P.S Nimadih
- State Bank Of India with ATM
- Bank Of India with ATM
- Axis Bank ATM only
- Jharkhand Gramin Bank
- Co-operative Bank
|This section is outdated. (January 2014)|
|5||Reliance Communications 3G||GSM & CDMA|
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Dhanwar
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". Jharkhand – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 8 November 2015.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|This article related to a location in Jharkhand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|