|Location||552 Changsin 1-dong,
302 Jongno Jiha,
|Operated by||Seoul Metro|
|August 15, 1974||Line 1 opened|
|October 18, 1985||Line 4 opened|
|Passengers||(Daily) Based on Jan-Dec of 2012.
Line 1: 34,446
Line 4: 55,294
Dongdaemun Station is a station on the Seoul Subway Line 1 and Line 4. It is named after one of the four great gates of the circular wall surrounding ancient Seoul, and is situated on the eastern end of Jongno ("Bell Street"). This station is also close to Dongdaemun Market.
In December 2010 the station is recorded as having the third highest WiFi data consumption of all the Seoul Metropolitan Subway stations, following Express Bus Terminal Station, Sadang Station, and followed by Jamsil Station and Jongno 3-ga Station.
|Lobby||Customer Service, Shops, Vending machines, ATMs|
Line 1 platforms
|Southbound||→ Line 1 toward Incheon or Sinchang (Jongno 5 (o)-ga) →|
|Northbound||← Line 1 toward Soyosan (Dongmyo)|
Line 4 platforms
|Northbound||← Line 4 toward Danggogae (Hyehwa)|
|Southbound||→ Line 4 toward Oido (Dongdaemun H&C Park Station) →|
- Changsin-dong Toy Wholesale Market - the largest toy and stationery market in Korea since 1975
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dongdaemun Station.|
- Monthly Number of Passengers between Subway Stations Archived October 6, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.. Korea Transportation Database, 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
- "Dongdaemun Market". Korea Tourism Organization. Retrieved 2015-09-25.
- "Seoul Subway Line No. 2 Becomes Major WiFi Hotspot". Chosun Ilbo. 24 December 2010. Retrieved 25 April 2012.
- Baik, Sung-ho (18 November 2001). "At Changsin-dong, Toys 'R' Them". Joongang Daily. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- "Changsin-dong Toy Wholesale Market". Seoul City Tourism. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
|Preceding station||Seoul Metropolitan Subway||Following station|