Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Screenshot of Double Commander v0.7.2 running on Ubuntu 16.04
|Developer(s)||Alexander Koblov and others|
|Initial release||first alpha December 26, 2007|
0.9.6 / September 1, 2019
|Written in||Object Pascal (Free Pascal/Lazarus)|
|Operating system||Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Unix, BSD|
|Size||8.2 to 11.5 MB|
|License||GNU GPL v2|
- Compare and synchronize directories symmetrically or asymmetrically
- This feature is one that can be very useful. It shows files by directory and sub-directory. It compares them by date/time stamp and by file size. One can focus on files that are different, or ones that are identical.
- Two similar panes
- Panes can be duplicated from one side to the other. Panes can represent original directories compared to copied or backed-up ones. These can then be matched in more detail in the synchronize directory feature.
- Tabbed navigation
- Tabs are for directories. Sets of tabs can be saved to files that can be reloaded to produce the same two panels and their tabs that one set up and saved. Tabs can be configured to allow no changes to them, or to open sub-directories in new tabs, so that the original tab remains intact and available.
- Brief, full and thumbnail view
- Several sort options
- Archive support
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts
- Checksum generation and verification
- Visual file comparison/diff
- Built-in file viewer and text editor
- A mechanism for creating, maintaining and displaying file comments (4DOS
- Wipe file securely
- All operations can be queued in the background
- Unicode support
- Supports Total Commander WCX, WDX and WLX Windows plug-ins
- Officially released portable versions for Windows and Linux
- Comparison of file managers
- Comparison of file verification software
- Comparison of FTP client software
- "Double Commander / News". SourceForge. 2014-10-06. Retrieved 2014-10-06.
- "Double Commander Project News". Retrieved 2019-04-29.
- "Double Commander for Mac | MacUpdate". MacUpdate.com.
- "DC - Directory Hotlist". Retrieved 2018-04-13.
- Jitaru, Cristina. "Double Commander". Softpedia. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- Humpa, Michael. "Double Commander (64 bit)". Chip. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- "Plugins interfaces - TotalcmdWiki". www.ghisler.ch.
- "Double Commander / Wiki / Download". sourceforge.net.
|This free and open-source software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|