Dr. Lydia T. Wright School of Excellence
|Dr. Lydia Wright School of Excellence|
|106 Appenheimer Street
|Principal||Tonya B. Chavers|
|Website||Lydia Wright School|
Dr. Lydia T. Wright School of Excellence is an elementary school serving the East Side of Buffalo, New York. located at 106 Appenheimer Street and serves Grades PreK through 8. The current principal is Dr. Tonya Chavers, and the current assistant principals are Mr. Cameron Hall and Ms. Carolyn Flattery.
The school opened in 1961 as "Fillmore Middle School". In 1977 it became "Campus East School". It was renamed in 2000 for Dr. Lydia Wright, the first African-American pediatrician in Buffalo and member of the Buffalo Board of Education
Previous assignment and reason for departure denoted in parentheses
- Morris Raiken–1961-1969 (Assistant Principal - Bennett High School, retired)
- Anthony D. Vetrano–1969-1974 (Assistant Principal - Bennett High School, named Principal of Hutchinson Central Technical High School)
- Gerald H. Hesson–1974-1977 (Assistant Principal - Lafayette High School, named Principal of Kensington High School)
- Lillian G. Kozminski–1977-1980 (Assistant Principal - Fillmore Middle School, named Principal of School 70)
- Priscilla Niedermeyer-Hammond–1980-1995 (unknown, retired)
- Victor Filadora–1995-2000 (Principal - D'Youville Porter Campus School, retired)
- Mary Jo Conrad–2000-2011 (unknown, named Principal of Discovery School 67)
- Phyllis Fatima Morrell–2011-2013 (Principal - Lafayette High School, named Supervising Principal of Buffalo Public Schools)
- School Administration Manager
- Simon, P. (2000, December 21). Board to hire construction chief. The Buffalo News, p. B3.
- Buffalo Public Schools (2011, September 14). Meeting of the Board of Education: Administrative Appointments.