|Commenced operations||October 10, 2007|
|Key people||Alfonso Ávila (Founder)|
EasyFly S.A. is a regional carrier that operates in Colombia. Its main focus is to serve intermediate cities and those not served by other carriers. Operations started in October 2007, with one British Aerospace Jetstream 41 aircraft. Its main base is El Dorado International Airport, Bogotá. Alfonso Ávila, the founder of EasyFly, was also one of the founders of Aero República in 1992.
The airline was founded in 2006 by Alfonso Ávila and other partners. Its first aircraft have been acquired through the leasing system. After having 9 approved routes, operations began in October 10, 2007 with only two routes: Barrancabermeja and Arauca from Bogotá.
During 2010, 7 aircraft entered the fleet and in 2012 a new base was inaugurated at Ernesto Cortissoz International Airport.
Easyfly previously operated the following aircraft:
|British Aerospace Jetstream 41||6||2007||2019|
Incidents and accidents
- On 26 March 2012, EasyFly Flight 8697, the aircraft presented a hydraulic fluid spill during the flight. The aircraft landed without complications in José María Córdoba International Airport. The causes of the incident are being investigated.
An unconnected Dhaka-based cargo airline, Easy Fly Express, branded as "easyFly" was also pursued by easyGroup. An April 2019 easyGroup statement focused on this case indicated a claim against Colombia's EasyFly was ongoing.
- "EasyFly signs for five ATR -600s". ATR. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- EasyFly Flight 8697 incident report in Spanish
- "Easygroup lauches legal challenge against airlines for 'brand theft'" (PDF). Retrieved 16 August 2018.
- "Brand thief's use of easy logos without permission from easyGroup and Sir Stelios forced to stop!" (PDF). easy.com. easyGroup. 16 April 2019. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
Media related to EasyFly at Wikimedia Commons