|Operating bases||El Dorado Int'l Airport|
|Focus cities||Barranquilla, Bogota, Cali, Medellin, Isla de San Andrés, Yopal; San José (Costa Rica), Guayaquil (Ecuador), Lima (Peru), Aruba (Dutch Antilles)|
|Destinations||Aruba, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, and 9 domestic destinations|
|Key people||Jorge Solano|
Aerosucre is a cargo airline based in Bogotá, Colombia. It started operations in 1969 and operates scheduled international and domestic cargo services in Latin America and the Caribbean. Its home base is El Dorado International Airport, Bogotá.
The Aerosucre fleet consists of the following aircraft (as of January 2019):
|Boeing 737-230/Adv(F)||1||-||HK-5026, delivered 05.2014|
|Boeing 737-2X6C||1||-||HK-5192, delivered 08.2017|
|Boeing 727-227/Adv(F)||1||-||HK-5216, delivered 07.2017|
|Boeing 727-212/Adv(F)||1||-||HK-5239, delivered 09.2017|
Accidents and incidents
- On November 18, 2006, an Aerosucre Boeing 727 on a cargo flight from Bogotá to Leticia crashed on approach to Leticia when it hit a 150-foot television antenna. The three crew members and two passengers were killed.
- On February 12, 2011, an Aerosucre Boeing 727 carrying cargo from Yopal to Mitú had a hydraulic failure while flying over Bogotá. The plane landed safely at El Dorado International Airport in Bogotá, and no one was injured.
- On December 20, 2016, Aerosucre Flight 4544 , Boeing 727 crashed after take-off from Germán Olano Airport in Puerto Carreño after overrunning the runway, hitting the fence, eventually becoming airborne, climbing out, but crashed attempting to return for an emergency landing. 5 crew members died, and 1 crew member has several injuries.
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. March 27, 2007. p. 50.
- "Global Airline Guide 2017 (Part One)". Airliner World (October 2017): 12.
- "Aerosucre Colombia Boeing 727-23F plane crash Leticia, Colombia 18th November, 2006". 1001crash.com. Retrieved December 21, 2016.
- "Incident: Aerosucre B722 near Bogota on Feb 12th 2011, hydraulic failure". The Aviation Herald. February 13, 2011. Retrieved December 21, 2011.
- "Crash: Aerosucre B722 at Puerto Carreno on Dec 20th 2016, overran runway on takeoff". AeroInside. December 21, 2016. Retrieved December 21, 2016.
- "Vídeo: el momento en el que el avión de Aerosucre se estrella".
Media related to Aerosucre Colombia at Wikimedia Commons