|Studio album by Buckethead|
|Released||February 21, 2012|
|Genre||Acoustic, ambient, classical, experimental, art rock, flamenco, surf rock|
The album was announced on December 20, 2011 via City Hall Records, and contains 11 tracks. The album was scheduled to be released on February 21, 2012 but fans started receiving their copies more than a month early.
Track #2, “Beyond the Knowing” is a re-working of “What Kind of Nation”, and is probably recognised as the oldest song on the album, as Buckethead’s earliest known performances of it date back to 2001 onstage with Guns N' Roses.
All tracks written by Buckethead, except where noted.
|2.||"Beyond the Knowing"||3:54|
|6.||"La Wally" (Alfredo Catalani)||3:46|
|7.||"La Gavotte" (Johann Sebastian Bach)||2:53|
|8.||"Bachethead" (Johann Sebastian Bach)||2:05|
|11.||"The Homing Beacon"||6:53|
- Produced by Buckethead and Janet Rienstra-Friesea
- Written, Composed and Arranged by Buckethead
- Production assistance by Dom Camardella
- Engineered, edited and mixed by Dom Camardella at Santa Barbara Sound Design.
- Mastered by Robert Hadley at the Mastering Lab in Ojai, CA
- Art & Design by Russell Mills
- Design assistance: Michael Webster (storm)
- Cover photograph: Breaking Ocean Wave, Baja California Sur, Mexico, by Mark A. Johnson.
- Meta Support: Bella Rienstra
- Made by Meta: Janet Rienstra -Friesea
- Publishing: (Katella Music/BMI) all by Buckethead, except for La Gavotte and Bachethead composed by Johann Sebastian Bach and La Wally (act 1) composed by Alfredo Catalani
- Buckethead thanks: My parents, Michael Jackson, Theo, Uma, Janet, and Lakshmi chicken
- Track #2, “Beyond the Knowing”, is an instrumental re-release of “What Kind of Nation” from the album “Intelligence Failure”, a collaboration with Viggo Mortensen.
- Track #6, “La Wally”, is a composition by Alfredo Catalani.
- Tracks #7 and #8, “La Gavotte” and “Bachethead”, are movement (Gavotte I &II) from Suite No. 6 for solo Cello (BWV 1012) by Johann Sebastian Bach.
- Track #11, “The Homing Beacon”, was originally released exclusively on Buckethead’s official website in 2009 without an album. It is a tribute by Buckethead to Michael Jackson after hearing the news of his death.