Elizabeth Township, Miami County, Ohio
|Elizabeth Township, Miami County, Ohio|
The Cove Springs Grange, located in the unincorporated community of Alcony
Location of Elizabeth Township in Miami County
|• Total||29.9 sq mi (77.3 km2)|
|• Land||29.9 sq mi (77.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||827 ft (252 m)|
|• Density||54.3/sq mi (20.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086637|
Located in the eastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Lostcreek Township - north
- Jackson Township, Champaign County - northeast corner
- Pike Township, Clark County - east
- Bethel Township - south
- Staunton Township - west
No municipalities are located in Elizabeth Township.
Name and history
Statewide, the only other Elizabeth Township is located in Lawrence County.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Miami County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.