(Redirected from Embellish)Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Examples in sewing and craft
- appliqué can be made by sewing machine of decorative techniques and or
- embroidery, done either by machine or by hand
- piping made from either self-fabric, contrast fabric, or a simply a cord.
- trim (sewing)
- lace, either pre-made or home-made
- Fringe (trim)
Items that normally serve a function may also be used as embellishment. For example:
- buttons can be placed anywhere on the piece
- zippers can be unzipped and be used as piping, or simply stitched on
- buckles can be placed anywhere on the piece
- grommets can be placed anywhere even when there is no cord is looped through them
- sequins can be placed anywhere
- Threads magazine (12 November 2014). "19 Inventive Embellishment Ideas". threads. The Taunton Press, Inc. Retrieved 19 March 2019.