This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
O'Connor in 2016
9 February 1978 |
Brownhills, West Midlands, England
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Hair colour||Dark brown|
|Manager||Jonathan Sanders & Co|
Erin O'Connor (born 9 February 1978) is an English model.
O'Connor was born and brought up in the Brownhills, West Midlands, where she attended Brownhills Community School. She was raised Catholic and her father is Northern Irish, from Ballycastle, County Antrim. On a school trip to the Birmingham Clothes Show, she was spotted by a talent scout.
Her first published pictures were by Juergen Teller for issue 159. The Undressed Issue issue of i-D in December 1996. She has modelled on the catwalk for John Galliano, Christian Dior, Donna Karan, Prada, Versace, Miu Miu, Jasper Conran, Giorgio Armani, Julien Macdonald, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Chado Ralph Rucci, Badgley Mischka, and Dolce & Gabbana. She has worked with many leading fashion photographers including Patrick Demarchelier, Steven Meisel, Steven Klein, Nick Knight, Mario Testino, David Sims, Bryan Adams, Nadav Kander and featured in magazines including Vogue, W, Elle, Harper's Bazaar, Harpers & Queen, i-D, and Visionaire. She was on the January cover of British Vogue. Since 2005 she has been one of the faces of the British high-street chain Marks and Spencer and in 2008 she launched the haircare line model.me for Toni & Guy, alongside Jamelia and Helena Christensen which has been already ceased.
She is signed to Tess Management in London.
Television and radio
In 2001 she appeared as herself in the "Paris" episode of Absolutely Fabulous. In March 2003, O'Connor was featured in a three-part Channel 4 documentary This Model Life. O'Connor wrote and presented two documentaries on fashion, Erin's Model World and In Search of Beauty, for BBC Radio 4. In April 2009, she appeared as a mentor and judge on the Irish reality TV series The Model Agent for RTÉ Two. In the autumn of 2013, Erin O'Connor made her television debut, starring on 'The Face' on Sky Living HD alongside fellow supermodel Naomi Campbell and Caroline Winberg. The hugely successful series followed the three supermodel mentors, as they competed with each other to find 'the face' of Max Factor beauty. Erin subsequently appeared on the cover of YOU Magazine and The Independent on Saturday magazine.
She is also a co-founder of the award winning All Walks Beyond the Catwalk initiative alongside Caryn Franklin and Debora Bourne. All Walks Beyond the Catwalk is an initiative working with influential Catwalk designers and top industry creative to celebrate more diversity within the fashion industry. For the launch campaign Erin swapped roles and stood behind the camera for the first time to photograph models holding the slogan 'Size Me Up'. Erin was recently recognised in the Houses of Parliament by Lib Dem Minister Jo Swinson for her dedication to models working within the industry.
Erin was a spokesperson for the fair trade charity Traid. Erin was an ambassador for the RED initiative. In 2011, Erin became an Ambassador for 'Save the Children'. Erin travelled to Delhi and Jaipur as part of the 'No Child Born to Die' campaign. The trip was documented by The Independent magazine newspaper to highlight the need for resources in clinics and schools.
O'Connor launched her own line of fairtrade and eco friendly cotton T-shirts and bags with stylist Kate Halfpenny, She Died of Beauty, featuring quirky slogans such as 'She died of Beauty'.
- "Erin O'Connor". Fashion Model Directory.
- Freeman, Hadley (2006-09-21). "Standing tall". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 2007-11-27.
- Addison, Harriet (2009-01-31). "Frequent flyer Erin OConnor". The Times. London. Retrieved 2010-05-02.
- "Erin O'Connor – Model Profile". New York Magazine. Retrieved 2007-11-27.
- Juergen Tell on tumblr Accessed 2011-10-07
- Model.com Profile – i-D Magazine interview with Dean Mayo Davies, March 2009 Accessed 2008-10-09
- Jasper Conran Autumn Winter 2007 Collection
- Marketing Birmingham – Jamelia & Erin O’Conner launch Model.Me in Birmingham marketingbirmingham.com, 25 Sept. 2011
- Tess Management Profile Accessed 2011-10-07
- Lyall, Sarah (11 November 2001). "A Bit Older and Sadder, but Still 'Absolutely Fabulous'". New York Times. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- "Episode 3:Paris". BBC. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- Mahoney, Elizabeth (13 April 2008). "Radio review". The Guardian. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- "ERIN O'CONNOR'S NEW CLOTHING LINE". stylist.co.uk. Stylist. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- "Erin O'Connor". Erin O'Connor. Retrieved 2016-04-28.