|Single by The Beatnuts featuring Akon|
|from the album Milk Me|
|Released||August 17, 2004|
|Format||12-inch single, Vinyl, CD|
|Writer(s)||Lester Fernandez, Jerry Tineo, Aliuane Thiam|
|The Beatnuts singles chronology|
"Find Us" (sometimes subtitled "In the Back of the Club") is the second single from Milk Me, a 2004 album by East Coast hip hop group The Beatnuts. It was released by Penalty Recordings as a CD single and 12 inch with "Hot" as its United States b-sides and "It's Nothing" as it United Kingdom b-side. The song is produced by The Beatnuts and features raps by Juju and Psycho Les, as well as a chorus sung by a young Akon. The song's lyrics are both braggadocios and sexually explicit. The song's beat is characterized by its stomp-and-clap percussion, as well as its intermittent whistling noise. The song also features live instrumentation provided by guitarist Eric Krasno and keyboardist Neal Evans.
"Find Us" was released to mainly positive critical reception: Jason Birchmeier of Allmusic considers it a "standout" song, while Tom Doggett of RapReviews.com adds that it has a "marvelous minimalist beat" and "catchy hook." Low Key of MVRemix.com describes "Find Us" as "a perfect club song for the summer" because of its "infectious handclaps." On a less positive note, Robert DeGracia of AllHipHop.com claims: "['Find Us'] is a complete eye-crosser that makes listeners struggle to make sense of what's exactly rocking around the clock."
"Find Us" failed to chart despite its critical reception and the release of a Ulysses Terrero-directed music video. The video was controversially not played on BET because some suspect the channel was anti-underground hip hop. BET justified their decision claiming, "BET doesn't break new artists," in reference to Akon. The music video shows The Beatnuts and Akon rapping in a club environment.
Single track list
- "Find Us (Radio)" (3:14)
- "Find Us (Original)" (3:14)
- "Find Us (Instrumental)" (3:14)
- "It's Nothing (Radio)" (3:35)
- "It's Nothing (Original)" (3:35)
US 12" vinyl
- "Find Us (Radio Edit)"
- "Find Us (Original Version)"
- "Find Us (Instrumental Version)"
- "Hot (Radio Edit)"
- "Hot (Original Version)"
- "Hot (Instrumental Version)"
UK 12" vinyl
- "Find Us (In the Back of the Club) (Radio)"
- "Find Us (In the Back of the Club) (Original)"
- "Find Us (In the Back of the Club) (Instrumentaly)"
- "It's Nothing (Radio)"
- "It's Nothing (Original)"
- "It's Nothing (Instrumental)"
- Birchmeier, Jason. "Milk Me Review". Allmusic. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- Doggett, Tom (2004-08-24). "Milk Me Review". RapReviews.com. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- Low Key. "Milk Me Review". MVRemix.com. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- DeGracia, Robert (2004-09-01). "Milk Me Review". AllHipHop.com. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- SOHH.com (2005-09-08). "Little Brother's "Too Intelligent" Says BET, Network Responds To Allegation". ToddKelley.net. Retrieved 2008-07-13.