FoCo Girls Gone Derby
|Metro area||Fort Collins, CO|
|Teams||Micro Bruisers (A team)
Punchy Brewsters (B team)
|Venue||Qdoba Events Center
Rollerland Skate Center
|Org. type||501(c)3 Nonprofit Organization|
FoCo Roller Derby, formerly FoCo Girls Gone Derby, is a roller derby league based in Fort Collins, Colorado. Founded in 2006, the league currently consists of two teams, and two mixed teams which compete against teams from other leagues.
FoCo was founded in January 2006 and was accepted as a member of the Women's Flat Track Derby Association in January 2009. Several other leagues have origins in FoCo, including the Choice City Rebels, and the Slaughterhouse Derby Girls.
Since 2009, FoCo has held an annual "Black and Blue Ball", a formal event featuring an intraleague bout.
At the start of FoCo's 10th season, the league rebranded from FoCo Girls Gone Derby to FoCo Roller Derby to represents inclusiveness, athleticism and the local community.
- "FoCo Roller Derby"
- "FoCo Girls Gone Derby", Flat Track Stats
- Nic Turciano and Kate Bennis, "Never Have I Ever: 'Jamming, 'packing,' skating and roller derby", Rocky Mountain Collegian, 5 November 2010
- RollaRella, "Where did Slaughterhouse come from?", Slaughterhouse Derby Girls
- "Derby girls get gussied up for Black and Blue Ball", Fort Collins Coloradoan, 8 October 2009
- . FoCo Roller Derby http://www.focorollerderby.com/foco-roller-derby-rebrand/. Retrieved 17 February 2016. Missing or empty
- "Current Rankings Archived April 30, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.", WFTDA
|This article related to sports in Colorado is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|