Fork in the Road
|Fork in the Road|
|Studio album by Neil Young|
|Released||April 7, 2009|
|Genre||Rock, folk rock|
|Producer||"The Volume Dealers" (Neil Young and Niko Bolas)|
|Neil Young chronology|
The album was inspired by Young's Lincoln Continental that had been retooled to run entirely on alternative energy, and Young's background with the Lincvolt project he has been working on alongside mechanic Jonathan Goodwin. The project has been to develop a viable electric energy power system for automobiles. Young's own 1959 Lincoln Continental will serve as their completed prototype. A documentary produced by Larry Johnson followed the electric car in its first long-distance trip to Washington, DC.
In November 2010 the car started a fire which caused over a million dollars of damage to a warehouse and possessions of Young stored there. Young blamed the fire on human error and said he and his team were committed to rebuilding the car. "The wall charging system was not completely tested and had never been left unattended. A mistake was made. It was not the fault of the car", he said.
All songs written and composed by Neil Young
|1.||"When Worlds Collide"||4:14|
|3.||"Just Singing a Song"||3:31|
|5.||"Cough Up the Bucks"||4:38|
|6.||"Get Behind the Wheel"||3:08|
|7.||"Off the Road"||3:22|
|8.||"Hit the Road"||3:36|
|9.||"Light a Candle"||3:01|
|10.||"Fork in the Road"||5:47|
Musicians and production
Produced by "The Volume Dealers" (Neil Young and Niko Bolas)
Recorded and mixed by Niko Bolas
- Neil Young: electric and acoustic guitar, vocals
- Ben Keith: lap steel guitar, electric guitar, Hammond B-3 organ, vocals
- Anthony Crawford : electric and acoustic guitar, piano, Hammond B-3 organ, vocals
- Pegi Young: vibes, acoustic guitar, vocals
- Rick Rosas: bass
- Chad Cromwell: drums
|Austrian Albums Chart||45|
|Belgian Albums Chart (Flanders)||13|
|French Albums Chart||31|
|Finnish Albums Chart||18|
|Denmark Albums Chart||15|
|Dutch Albums Chart||23|
|German Albums Chart||17|
|Ireland Albums Chart||18|
|New Zealand Albums Chart||38|
|Norway Albums Chart||1|
|Spanish Albums Chart||48|
|Italy Albums Chart||36|
|Swedish Albums Chart||11|
|Swiss Albums Chart||65|
|US Billboard 200||19|
|UK Albums Chart||22|
- Stephen Thomas Erlewine (2009-04-07). "Fork in the Road - Neil Young | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved 2015-06-04.
- Blender review
- "Neil Young - Fork In The Road | album reviews | musicOMH". Web.archive.org. Archived from the original on April 5, 2009. Retrieved 2015-06-04.
- "Neil Young: Fork in the Road". Robert Christgau. Retrieved 2015-06-04.
- Miranda Sawyer. "Pop review: Neil Young: Fork in the Road". The Guardian. Retrieved 2015-06-04.
- . "Neil Young: Fork in the Road". PopMatters. Retrieved 2015-06-04.
- Hermes, Will (2009-04-01). "Neil Young Fork in the Road Album Review". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2015-06-04.
- "The UNCUT Album review: Neil Young - Fork In The Road - Review - Uncut.co.uk". Web.archive.org. Archived from the original on December 6, 2010. Retrieved 2015-06-04.
- "Neil Young To Release "Fork In The Road"". Billboard. Retrieved 2015-06-04.
- Lee, Henry K. (2010-11-17). "Neil Young's warehouse fire started in hybrid car". SFGate. Retrieved 2015-06-04.
- "Grammy nominees include Neil Young, rapper Drake". CBC News. December 3, 2009.
- "Neil Young - Fork In The Road - Music Charts". Acharts.us. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- Suomen virallinen lista
- "The Official New Zealand Music Chart". Rianz.org.nz. Retrieved 2012-02-16.