Fukushima 50 (film)
|Directed by||Setsurō Wakamatsu|
|Screenplay by||Yōichi Maekawa|
|Based on||On the Brink: The Inside Story of Fukushima Daiichi|
by Ryusho Kadota
|Music by||Taro Iwashiro|
Fukushima 50 is an upcoming Japanese drama film directed by Setsurō Wakamatsu and written by Yōichi Maekawa. Starring Koichi Sato, Ken Watanabe, it will be about the titular group of employees tasked with handling the meltdown of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant after the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami. The film will be based on the non-fiction book by Ryusho Kadota, titled On the Brink: The Inside Story of Fukushima Daiichi, and upon release, it will be the first Japanese film to directly depict the disaster.
- Koichi Sato as Toshio Isaki, the shift supervisor of the power plant
- Ken Watanabe as Masao Yoshida, the site superintendent of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant during the disaster
- Riho Yoshioka as Izaki Haruka
- Hidetaka Yoshioka as Maeda Takumi
- Narumi Yasuda as Asano Mari
- Shirō Sano as the Prime Minister of Japan
- Mitsuru Hirata as Hirayama Shigeru
- Yuri Nakamura as Maeda Kana
- Shigeru Izumiya as Matsunaga
- Shōhei Hino as Omori Hisao
- Naoto Ogata as Nojiri Shōichi
- "Poster Released For Fukushima 50 Film About the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Disaster". Moshi Moshi Nippon. Moshi Moshi Nippon Corporation. 10 April 2019. Retrieved 28 August 2019.
- "2020年大河ドラマ「麒麟がくる」"美濃編"出演者発表". NHK_PR. NHK. 8 March 2019. Retrieved 28 August 2019.
- Shackleton, Liz (14 May 2019). "Japan 2011 earthquake, tsunami drama 'Fukushima 50' leads Kadokawa slate (exclusive)". Screen Daily. Media Business Insight Limited. Retrieved 28 August 2019.
- Screen Staff (20 November 2018). "Ken Watanabe, Koichi Sato to star in nuclear power plant action drama 'Fukushima 50'". Screen Daily. Media Business Insight Limited. Retrieved 28 August 2019.
- Hertz, Barry (29 May 2019). "Like Godzilla himself, Ken Watanabe is ready to rule the world". The Globe and Mail. The Globe and Mail Inc. Retrieved 28 August 2019.
|This article about a drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Japanese film or Japanese film–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|