G. Neelakanta Reddy
|Born||Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Occupation||director, screen writer|
Neelakanta is native of Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh. He studied in Loyola Public School and Loyola College in Vijayawada.Since his school days, Neelakanta has had an interest for film direction & which is what drove him to Chennai after his graduation.
Neelakanta always wanted to make films which have a striking balance between Art and Commerce. It materialised with Show followed by Missamma. He received two national awards, one for Best Screenplay and the other for the Best Feature Film in Telugu for "Show" while state Nandi Award in the screenplay department for the later .
He then made Sada Mee Sevalo, with Shriya and Venu in lead roles, and later made a psychological thriller, Nandanavanam 120km. Both these films did not do well at the box office.Despite of its failure Nanadanavanam got him huge critical acclaim. These were followed by Mr.Medhavi. with Genelia and Raja in the lead roles.This film produced by RamaRao Bodduluri proved to be an above-average grosser. He also wrote dialogues for a Telugu remake of the Hindi hit A Wednesday!, entitled Eeenadu. In 2011 Neelakanta directed Virodhi featuring Meka Srikanth & Kamalinee Mukherjee. Neelakanta secured the best dialogue writer award in the year 2011 for this film.In 2013 he directed a film Chammak Challo which gathered bad reviews for both the director and the film.
|1994||Priyanka||direction||Tamil||Remake of Hindi film Damini – Lightning|
|2002||Show||Screenplay, direction||Telugu||Received two National Film Awards|
|2003||Missamma||Screenplay, direction||Telugu||Received Four Nandi Awards|
|2005||Sadaa Mee Sevalo||Screenplay, direction||Telugu|
|2006||Nandanavanam 120km||Screenplay, direction,||Telugu|
|2011||Virodhi||Screenplay, direction||Telugu||Screened at International Film Festival of India – 2011
Received Two Nandi Awards 2011
Screened at Melbourne International Film Festival-2011
- National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Telugu – 2002 – Show
- National Film Award for Best Screenplay – 2002 – Show
- Nandi Award for Best Screenplay Writer – Missamma (2003)
- Nandi Award for Best Dialogue Writer – Virodhi (2011)
- "Biography". friday moviez.
- "Awards of Neelakanta". Cine Radham.
- "Interview with Neelakanta". Idle Brain.
- "Directors show all the way". Idle brain.
- "Review". Fully hyderabad.
- "Sada mee sevalo is a dud". Rediff.
- "120 km away from routine flicks". cinegoer.
- "writer sleeping under tree". tupaki.
- "Nothing flashy about this". 123 telugu.
- "IFFM neglected telugu films". sisi enterprises.
- "For 'Maaya', Harshvardhan Rane follows caveman's diet". CNN-IBN. 17 January 2014. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- "Maaya is Neelakanta's new film". action cut.