Georgetown Township, Floyd County, Indiana
Georgetown along Highway 64
Location of Georgetown Township in Floyd County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||26.76 sq mi (69.3 km2)|
|• Land||26.63 sq mi (69.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.13 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|Elevation||794 ft (242 m)|
|• Density||361.7/sq mi (139.7/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453324|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 26.76 square miles (69.3 km2), of which 26.63 square miles (69.0 km2) (or 99.51%) is land and 0.13 square miles (0.34 km2) (or 0.49%) is water. Indian Creek runs through Georgetown Township originating from Galena, Indiana to the northeast.
Cities and towns
- Lafayette Township (northeast)
- New Albany Township (east)
- Franklin Township (southeast)
- Franklin Township, Harrison County (southwest)
- Jackson Township, Harrison County (west)
- Greenville Township (northwest)
- "Georgetown Township, Floyd County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- "National Register of Historic Places Listings". Weekly List of Actions Taken on Properties: 12/17/12 through 12/21/12. National Park Service. 2012-12-28.
|This Floyd County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Louisville metro area-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|