New Albany Township, Floyd County, Indiana
|New Albany Township|
Location of New Albany Township in Floyd County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||38.95 sq mi (100.9 km2)|
|• Land||38.46 sq mi (99.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.49 sq mi (1.3 km2)|
|Elevation||453 ft (138 m)|
|• Density||1,280.7/sq mi (494.5/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453660|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 38.95 square miles (100.9 km2), of which 38.46 square miles (99.6 km2) (or 98.74%) is land and 0.49 square miles (1.3 km2) (or 1.26%) is water. Bills Lakes is in this township.
Cities and towns
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Carr Township, Clark County (north)
- Silver Creek Township, Clark County (northeast)
- Jeffersonville Township, Clark County (east)
- Franklin Township (southwest)
- Georgetown Township (west)
- Lafayette Township (northwest)
- Interstate 64
- Interstate 265
- U.S. Route 460
- Indiana State Road 62
- Indiana State Road 111
- Indiana State Road 311
The township contains six cemeteries: Fairview, Graceland, Holy Trinity, New Albany National, Saint Marys and West Haven.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.