Ginkgo CADx displaying a CT
|Original author(s)||MetaEmotion S.L|
3.8.3 / April 2015
|Operating system||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Type||Scientific visualization and image computing|
Ginkgo CADx is a multiplatform (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X) DICOM viewer (*.dcm) and dicomizer (convert different files to DICOM). Ginkgo CADx is licensed under LGPL license, being an open source project with an Open core approach. The goal of Ginkgo CADx project is to develop an open source professional DICOM workstation.
Ginkgo CADx also has a professional version with a private license model called Ginkgo CADx Pro.
About Ginkgo CADx
The main features of this software are:
- Fully functional DICOM viewer and DICOM workstation with PACS support (C-FIND, C-GET, C-MOVE, C-STORE...).
- Dicomizator: Ginkgo CADx can convert from JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF images and PDF documents to DICOM files.
- Cross-platform (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X).
- Standard DICOM tools: rulers, angle, window level, cinema mode...
- Support a large number of different DICOM modalities as CT, MR, ECG, PET, XC, SC, XA, MG...
- Intuitive graphical interface customizable by user profiles.
- Easily integrable with third party systems using HL7 messages, DICOM and IHE compliant workflows.
Ginkgo CADx is developed using C++ language, has a plug-in architecture, and is cross-platform by means of the standard CMake tool. Is based on common open source libraries like VTK, ITK, and wxWidgets.
Ginkgo CADx project started in 2009 with the aim to create an interactive, universal, homogeneous, open-source and cross-platform CADx environment. Developed by MetaEmotion, the first public version (220.127.116.11) of Ginkgo CADx was released in 2010.
Ginkgo CADx team have collaborated with:
- Sacyl Public healthcare system of Castilla y León.
- GNUmed team. Packaging and compiling Ginkgo CADx for Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora and SUSE.