Gladstone station (NJT)
||It has been requested that the title of this article be changed to Gladstone station (NJ Transit). Please see the relevant discussion on the discussion page. Do not move the page until the discussion has reached consensus for the change and is closed.|
Gladstone, New Jersey
|Owned by||New Jersey Transit|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Passengers (2012)||187 (average weekday)|
Gladstone station in April 1970.
|Location||Gladstone, New Jersey|
|Area||1 acre (0.4 ha)|
|Architectural style||Queen Anne|
|MPS||Operating Passenger Railroad Stations TR|
|NRHP Reference #||84002792|
|Added to NRHP||June 22, 1984|
|Designated NJRHP||March 17, 1984|
Gladstone is a New Jersey Transit station in Peapack-Gladstone, Somerset County, New Jersey, United States. It is the western terminus of the Gladstone Branch of the Morris and Essex line. A yard is to the east of the station.
A 4-car high platform and ADA ramp are present. The original 1891 wood station and freight station remains in service. The head house has been on the state and federal registers of historic places since 1984, listed as part of the Operating Passenger Railroad Stations Thematic Resource.
|■ Gladstone Branch||no service|
|■ Gladstone Branch||toward New York or Hoboken (Peapack)|
- List of New Jersey Transit stations
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Somerset County, New Jersey
- Taber, Thomas Townsend; Taber, Thomas Townsend III (1981). The Delaware, Lackawanna & Western Railroad in the Twentieth Century. 2. Muncy, PA: Privately printed. p. 739. ISBN 0-9603398-3-3.
- "QUARTERLY RIDERSHIP TRENDS ANALYSIS" (PDF). New Jersey Transit. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 27, 2012. Retrieved January 4, 2013.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "New Jersey and National Registers of Historic Places - Somerset County" (PDF). New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection - Historic Preservation Office. March 1, 2011. p. 12. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 24, 2012. Retrieved February 3, 2013.
- Monmouth County Listings, National Register of Historic Places. Accessed September 2, 2007.
- Gladstone New Jersey Transit Railroad Station Survey
- Somerset County Listings on the National Register of Historic Places (Building #84002792)
- Media related to Gladstone (NJT station) at Wikimedia Commons
|This New Jersey train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|