Greensburg Municipal Airport
|Greensburg Municipal Airport|
|Owner||Greensburg-Decatur County Board of Aviation Commissioners|
|Elevation AMSL||912 ft / 278 m|
Greensburg Municipal Airport (FAA LID: I34) is a public use airport located two nautical miles (4 km) southwest of the central business district of Greensburg, a city in Decatur County, Indiana, United States. Owned by the Greensburg-Decatur County Board of Aviation Commissioners, it was formerly known as Greensburg-Decatur County Airport. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Greensburg Municipal Airport covers an area of 30 acres (12 ha) at an elevation of 912 feet (278 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 18/36 with an asphalt surface measuring 3,433 by 40 feet (1,046 x 12 m).
For the 12-month period ending February 20, 2012, the airport had 9,775 aircraft operations, an average of 26 per day: 99% general aviation and 1% air taxi. At that time there were 36 aircraft based at this airport: 97% single-engine and 3% helicopter.
- FAA Airport Master Record for I34 ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "Greensburg Municipal Airport". City of Greensburg. Retrieved August 8, 2013.
- Hornaday, Joe (May 27, 2009). "Airport Board Pities The Fuel When It Comes to Renting". Greensburg Daily News.
- "I34 – Greensburg-Decatur County Airport". FAA data republished by AirNav. Effective May 7, 2009. Archived from the original on June 26, 2009. Check date values in:
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF, 2.03 MB) on October 27, 2012. External link in
- Greensburg Municipal Airport at City of Greensburg website
- Aerial photo from Indiana DOT at the Wayback Machine (archived August 15, 2010)
- Aerial image as of April 1998 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for Greensburg Municipal (I34), effective June 22, 2017
- Resources for this airport: