Jump to navigation Jump to search
The town hall in Hallencourt
|Intercommunality||CA Baie de Somme|
|• Mayor (2001–2008)||Pierre Martin|
|20.55 km2 (7.93 sq mi)|
|• Density||68/km2 (180/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||35–121 m (115–397 ft) |
(avg. 80 m or 260 ft)
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries. 2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.|
Hallencourt is situated at the junction of the D21, D53 and D173 roads, some 10 miles (16 km) south of Abbeville. The commune comprises the two villages of Hallencourt and Hocquincourt.
|From the year 1962 on: No double counting—residents of multiple communes (e.g. students and military personnel) are counted only once.|
Places of interest
- The war memorial
- The Château de Beauvoir at Hocquincourt (now a private hotel)
- Roman Opałka, French artist of Polish ancestry, was born in Hocquincourt in 1931.
- Édouard Louis, French writer, is from Hallencourt. He wrote his debut autobiographical novel En finir avec Eddy Bellegueule (2014, translated into English as The End of Eddy) about growing up there.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hallencourt.|
- Hallencourt on the Quid website (in French)
- Canton of Hallencourt
- opalka1965.com - Roman Opalka website
|This Somme geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|